Médecins sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Main Purpose of the position
Carrying out surveillance and guarding activities in MSF facilities, according to MSF protocols and security rules, in order to ensure the safety and security of all mission's personnel and premises.
- Surveying the MSF premise's access and guides people to reception within authorized hours. Contacts administration team for authorizing people Access.
- Watching MSF premises and property's perimeter fence through regular patrols. Remaining on duty until other watchman comes to do a handover, never leaving the post unattended.
- Checking that the doors and windows are locked and lights are off when people leave premises. Checking that security lights are working properly and informing line manager of any possible problems.
- Keeping area within MSF premises clean and tidy (ex. empty dustbins, sweep paths, etc.).
- Maintaining watchmen's torch and other lighting tools, returning used batteries and keeping the necessary supply of spare batteries. Maintaining communication equipment (radio) in working conditions and providing battery availability.
- Supervising diesel/petrol tank levels and providing spare can(s) of fuel. Ensuring the correct functioning of generator and water pumps (starting, switching off, record sheet of operating hours and maintenance) as well as the correct use of extinguishers (being aware of their location.
- Informing line manager of arrival of any materials before unloading and helping MSF staff carry heavy items, if necessary.
- Accompany the MSF staff between the house and hospital, and evacuate the MSF staff in case of insecure situation. Brief the Project Coordinator in case of a security incident.
- Assist the Project Coordinator to do the general security checks, in collaboration with the Security Officer and the hospital guards.
- Education : None is required, literacy is recommended;
- Essential: Good knowledge of English.
- Willingness to work at night-time
- Recommended: resident of Sadr City
- Age should be below 40.
- Experience: Have minimum 1 year previous Watchman experience preferred with an INGO or any other organizations.
- Experience in facilities security, responsible
- Ability to work independently with team player attitude and reporting skills
- Basic skills in English writing and speaking
- Diplomacy, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Rigorous, organized, ethical mindset; flexibility
What we offer:
- Legal contract for 3 Months, full time position
- Pay in accordance with the MSF salary table – Level 1
- Reimbursement of medical expenses in accordance with MSF internal policy
- The chance to gain professional development in an international organisation
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need
Deadline for applications: 24th of March 2019
If you are confident that you meet the above requirements:
send your Motivation Letter & CV in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application in the CV box at the OCB Office in Baghdad
ALWAYS CLEARLY MENTION THE POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR (Watchman(MSFOCB/BGD/2019/27))
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Shortlisted but not selected CVs may be kept on file