Goal / Purpose:
Under the supervision of the Activity Manager, the Wash Officer will:
- Implement and monitor water, sanitation and hygiene activities.
- Provide full support to workers and contractors on assigned program activities on the field.
- Collect data and sources of verifications for program progress and achievements.
List of main tasks:
Set-up and operational monitoring
- Recruitment of daily worker monitoring officer with the support of the Activity Manager
- Supervise water network rehabilitations in coordination with Department of Water engineers
- Follow closely contractors on water trucking distribution and water network rehabilitations activities
- Support on monitoring (work progress, quantity and quality) for assigned activities, including water quality monitoring when required
- Anticipate and share any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and resolve any problems
- Report on a regular basis to the Activity Manager about program implementation and the difficulties faced in the field and report quickly in case of problem or change
- Respect deadlines established with the Activity Manager
- Conduct basic training for daily worker on technical issue
- Collect monitoring data using SI tools (KoBo, ODK, etc.):
- Contribute to data collection at field level (overseeing surveys, implementing survey and post Intervention monitoring survey) and make sure that all available aspects are covered.
- Ensure that all data is entered on time and check their consistency and quality.
- Under the responsibility of the Activity Manager, participate in the logistical and administrative organization, planning and preparation of field operations.
- Analyze the humanitarian situation taking into account the production problems / Do No Harm policy for the population
- Apply safety & security procedures in field operations
- Conduct sensitization activities with beneficiaries:
- using Solidarités International resources
- sending messages determined by the Solidarités International official in charge of operations
- adapting methods to the different populations
- Participate in the creation and monitoring of committees, and the training of its members
- Monitor and distribute Wash activity reports.
- Other related tasks requested by line manager.
Reporting / communication / representation
- Report to Activity Manager all information related to activities, and security context or any event that may affect SI activities and security.
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of SI
- Report every day to the Activity Manager regarding progress on activities.
- Coordinate with support staff (logistic and administration), all staff involved in the program.
- Participate in coordinating and organising field visits carried out by donors and SI internal staff.
- Have and promote a good behaviour on the field as Solidarités International employee.
- At least 1 year experience in technical related field (Science, water resources or a relevant field).
- Experience in NGO is an asset
- Management duties is an asset
- Knowledge of the WASH sector with technical knowledge,
- Experience in NFI’s/WaSH distribution
- Knowledge on estimation, drawing and design of WaSH infrastructures,
- Knowledge of masonry and/or plumber work
- Team management abilities and cultural awareness,
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong initiative, flexibility and creativity,
- Commitment to the job and the organization,
- Fluent in Arabic (written, spoken and read), English is an asset.
- IT skills:
- General computer literacy
- Comprehensive knowledge and very good command of MS Office (essential for reporting)
- Knowledge of technical design software is a plus (such as AutoCad, Sketchup)
Please send your CV and cover letter in English to the following email address:
Applications that do not contain any CV or cover letter will not be considered.
The application deadline is March 21th. The shortlisted candidates will be contacted the following week.