GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Ninewa (Mosul Office) with frequent travel to the field, under the line management of the Ninewa Project Manager and in close link with the Technical Unit and the Support Departments, the Victim Assistance (VA) OFDA-MAG Project Assistant is responsible for the support of implementation of the VA activities under OFDA-MAG project in Ninewa governorate.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
Support operations and quality management of HI activities:
- Prepare the weekly plan for the activities, upon validation of line manager.
- Prepare the weekly movement plan in coordination with logistics.
- Carry out field monitoring visit upon line manager request.
- Complete field visit report, identify challenges and communicate to line manager.
- Ensure quality of the implemented activities.
Monitoring, reporting and archiving:
- Support line manager in reporting needs.
- Support consistency of reporting.
- Ensure good filing and storage of activities’ documents in line with archiving guidelines.
- Ensure the respect of logistics procedures for procurement and delivery.
- Manage office and field supplies.
- Raise procurement needs to line manager.
Specific project activities will include, but will not limit to:
- Support the implementation of VA trainings in Ninewa.
- Support the implementation of the Awareness Campaign in Ninewa.
- Support the implementation of Service Mapping related activities in Ninewa.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 16.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities (working 1 hour earlier or later might be required). It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Base: Mosul with frequent movement to the field (Ninewa governorate)
Line Manager: PO/DPM VA OFDA-MAG
Head of Department: VA PM
Operational link: Collaboration with Inclusion department, Referral Focal Point, Logistics department.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
· Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
· Internal regulation (IR)
· Child protection policy (CPP)
· Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
· Antifraud and bribery
· Code of Conduct (CoC)
Education: University degree in social work, community work, education, health (public health, medicine, nursing) or a related field
Languages: Excellent Arabic (oral and written), English is an added value.
- At least 1 years of professional experience in humanitarian / emergency contexts.
- Minimum of 1 years relevant professional experience in areas related to inclusion and/or disability.
- Experience working in Ninewa governorate
- Previous experience with Handicap International is an asset
- Some experience in logistics desirable.
- Excellent planning/organizational skills
- Good knowledge on Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Capacities to analyze and judge situations
- Motivated, dynamic; able and willing to take initiatives, learn and to develop professionally
- Time and work management abilities as well as autonomy
- Open and interested in disability issues
- Adheres to the project’s vision: a world in which all forms of disabilities can be prevented, cared for or integrated, and in which the rights of people with disabilities are respected and applied
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
15th July 2019
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted