DCA is an International Non- governmental Organisation (INGO) that has worked in Iraq and KRI since 2017, implementing life-saving Humanitarian Activities through Mine Clearance, Risk Education, Psychosocial Support and Child Protection activities through local partner organization.
DCA is looking to Hire Transitional Procurement & Logistics Officer who be responsible for daily logistical related activities under our partner’s Karemlash field Office. The ProLog Officer ensures all DCA and donor policies and procedures are followed and adhered to in all transactions relating to logistics as well as procurement by our partner under the existing UNOPS partnership.
The position is based in Mosul with 25% travel to Erbil.
The main duties relating to this position are as follows:
- Plan the weekly/monthly procurements for our partners programme based on purchase request forms from the sections and coordinate with the DCA Procurement Officer.
- Ensure that all procurement is in line with the procurement plan and follows DCA and donor policies and procedures.
- Establish and update a supplier data base and carry out market surveys on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for carrying out routine checks and follow ups on all procurement documentation and filing and to ensure that the Request Form monthly report is completed on a timely basis.
- Ensure all national legislation is adhered to regarding all procurement and that all suppliers are registered appropriately.
- Updating Procurement Plan regularly.
- Ensure that the visibility plan is implemented (uniforms, vehicles, site boards etc).
Overall responsible for ensuring that all goods and equipment are recorded on the stock management overview and that all required documentation is in place..
Responsible for carrying out regular checks on all stock management documentation (Goods Received Notes, Waybills, Stock Requests, Stock Cards) to ensure that DCA and donor policies and procedures are being followed in an accurate and timely manner. Regular checks should be carried out in all stores and a record of the checks should be recoded on Stock Cards.
Overall responsible for ensuring that all stocks are securely and safely managed in respect to health and safety issues.
Vehicle and Generator Management:
- Overall responsible for ensuring Service and Maintenance Contracts are in place with suppliers for all our partners vehicles and generators and that all vehicles and generators are serviced regularly to an approved standard in a cost-effective manner.
- Establish a service and maintenance plan for all vehicles and generators which clearly indicates what work should be carried out on each vehicle.
- Responsible for carrying out regular checks on all vehicle files ensuring all servicing and maintenance
documents are up-to date and correctly filed.
- Responsible in conjunction with the DCA Procurement Officer to prepare annual budget and list/overview of spare parts and consumables required to operate the vehicle fleet in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Overall responsible for ensuring that all assets are tagged, recorded on the asset register and issued to our partner staff using the appropriate documentation (Asset Contract).
- Responsible for carrying out regular checks on all asset documentation and that asset management system follows DCA and donor policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the supervision and planning of all office maintenance, servicing of office equipment and the ordering of office supplies.
- Responsible for establishing service contracts for the servicing of all office equipment, printers, photocopiers etc.
- Responsible for training and ensuring all staff are competent to use office and power supply equipment.
The DCA Procurement Officer will be the line manager and the Transitional Procurement Officer will report to him for the initial 6-12 month training period. Following this period, the applicant will then move to our partners full time staff and will report to our partner’s Director of Finance and Operations.
- Asset and inventory report
- Procurement document report
- Procurement tracking report
- Stock report
- Fleet report
- Generator report
- Service contract report
- Procurement Plan report
Language of the reports is in English language
- University degree in relevant field is a plus.
- Excellent level of English, Arabic (speaking, reading and writing);
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in logistics sector;
- Previous experience working for an NGO is an asset but not required;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package, including word, excel, power point;
- An understanding of INGOs and a commitment to humanitarian work;
What DCA provides:
- Contract starting as soon as possible with 3 months’ probation and possible extension.
- Competitive salary and leave package
- Health and accident insurance
- Training and building capacity
The candidate must comply with the core humanitarian principles of neutrality, impartiality, humanity and independence as well as the principles and mandate of the organization at all times. Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply.
Only applications consisting as a minimum of a motivation letter and a CV will be considered and should be sent to
by 13th May 2021. Please include the job title in the email subject line (Transitional ProLog Officer) (Re-advertisement) (this is mandatory).
Only shortlisted candidates who have experience in Procurements and Logistics sectors will be contacted.
For information about DCA please visit www.danchurchaid.org