Under direct supervision of Assistant project manager for IDPs at Harikar NGO, Complaints Response Mechanism Officer will undertake the below tasks and responsibilities:
Post Title: The Operations Data Management Officer
Reports to: Assistant project manager for IDPs
Location: Duhok /IDP camps
Working days: Saturday-Thursday
Harikar Non-governmental Organization
Term of Reference
The Operations Data Management Officer
Organizational Context: UNHCR Iraq has been using the Assistance Information and Service Tracking System (ASSIST) since its introduction in May 2017. Enrolment interview allows for the collection of primary data based on the applicant’s statements, review of submitted documents, provide an opportunity to the applicant to scan his/her IRIS, identify immediate humanitarian and protection concerns, and, a subsequent referral to the appropriate unit for targeted assistance and support. The recommended enrolment interview process includes the following steps: document verification, counselling, verification of previous data; interview.
Since its implementation in Duhok, the UNHCR partner Harikar has enrolled several vulnerable IDPs and returnees in Duhok and Ninewa governorates. The enrollment and assessment exercise conducted mainly targeted IDPs residing in the urban areas with the view for potential consideration for the available humanitarian assistance. In order to ensure that the IDPs settled both in camp and non-camp areas are equally considered for the available humanitarian assistance, UNHCR Iraq is launching a massive enrollment campaign in IDP camps managed by UNHCR. With this in view, UNHCR SO Duhok is partnering with Harikar to enroll all eligible IDPs residing in 17 camps under the Duhok AOR by December 15, 2019.
Job description: The Operations Data Management Assistant will support UNHCR partner Harikar in ASSIST enrollment and data management area. As a key member of the ASSIST enrollment team, s/he will support all activities related to enrollment, which may also include functions related to reception, filing and data management and production of statistics and indicators. The incumbent will also provide counselling to and responds to queries from POCs regarding ASSIST enrollment procedures. S/he will liaise closely with other protection staff and partners to ensure timely identification and referral of persons of concern for protection follow up. The ODM Assistant may assist in compiling and analyzing information related to enrollment activities. S/he will also play a key role in the implementation of the enrollment exercise and in ensuring that Harikar meets reporting deadlines and produces quality data and analyses for different communication and protection products.
The ODM Assistant will be stationed Harikar office and will report to Harikar Assistant Project Manager and respective UNHCR focal point.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Ensure regular database back-ups and integrity of the databases through timely data entry and verifying accuracy and relevance of data on a regular basis.
- Coordinate the data transfer of ASSIST enrollment records amongst camps.
- May be required to collect GIS data, update maps and undertake field trips to project sites.
- Ensure that the data which are mainly related to POCs are correctly entered into the computer databases.
- Develop and run the required reports from the databases including ASSIST database and assist in analysis/interpretation of data as required.
- Compile data and interpret the statistics for various reports.
- Develop forms and tools for data collection and analysis.
- Identify knowledge and hardware gaps in relation to all aspects of data management.
- Design, develop and generate standard reports, visualizations and ad hoc reports.
- Perform database administrator functions such as backups, database maintenance, performance tuning, user’s management, etc.
- Testing of any new developed tools, features and bugs fixes.
- Perform other duties as required.
Authority (decisions made in executing responsibilities and to achieve results)
- Decide on data recorded in the database.
- Decide on appropriate resolution to incidents.
- Escalate issues to supervisor if the incident cannot be resolved within area of responsibility.
- Have access to relevant data and records.
- Supervise data collection and data entry support staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology or other related fields.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Experienced with data analysis, Kobo forms, Expert in Excel.
- Three years’ experience working with NGOs, or related field.
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO
Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: email@example.com indicating the Job Number (VA-HD-2019-021) and position they are applying for (The Operations Data Management Officer) in the subject line of the email.
Applications with no subject line will not be considered.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 15th Sep. 2019 , at 03:30 PM. (local time).