Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.Rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. IRC is launching a long-term regional operation based in Baghdad, with regular visits to central and southern governorates of Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of Operations Manager, the Supply Chain Assistant is responsible to provide support and assistance to the IRC staff and programs in matters related to logistics and supply chain. The duties of the Supply Chain Assistant are many as summarized below:
- Understand, implement and maintain standard IRC asset management policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update Asset Register, including details of asset transfer, asset repairs, asset disposals, breakdowns and purchase of new assets and attractive items
- Ensure all assets are tagged and relevant forms are signed before issued to staff members or sent to the field offices. Ensure all office and guesthouses furniture and inventory are accounted for and have inventory numbers.
- Carry out quarterly spot checks for assets and inventory to ensure records are up-to-date for condition and location
- Support Field Offices in documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods deposited at the IRC offices and stores/ warehouses.
- Responsible of generators maintenance and fuel management. Make sure that Generators are functioning well and keeping them in good condition.
- Supporting in managing the tracking of generators’ working hours and preparing the generators monthly reports.
- Responsible of warehouse management including Telecom (scratch cards warehousing) and Managing intake and out-take of items from smaller stocks.
- Supervise the drivers and update schedule of vehicle movements.
- Responsible for drivers’ service contracts management and drivers payments.
- Implement and direct IRC standard Vehicle policies and procedures, with particular attention to safety and security issues.
- Ensure that all vehicles carry the required on-board documentation and that all documents are kept current (including insurance).
- Inspect and record condition of vehicles, by maintaining weekly checklists file and ensuring that Vehicles log books are accurately filled
- Prepare and submit monthly vehicle report.
- Responsible of Supply Chain filing related to his scope of work.
- Any other duties or tasks delegated by Operations Manager.
- Provide on-time, standard monthly reports to the Operations Manager, including vehicles and generators reports and any other reports requested by Supervisor.
- Well maintained fleet and good filing system for all vehicles
- Maintain full and accurate inventory records for stores, assets and furniture
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks.
- Conduct documented quarterly job performance reviews of drivers, providing appropriate feedback.
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities.
- Relevant higher national diploma or university degree or other advanced technical qualifications.
- Knowledge of generic transport procedures and practices (IRC or NGO experience advantageous).
- Familiarity with south-central provinces routes.
- 1-2 years experience in logistics and/or about 1 year in team management.
- Holder of a valid driving license
- Competent in spoken and written English and Arabic is a plus
- Mechanical background is a plus
- Good mathematical skills.
- Good MS Office skills especially Word and Excel.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please Click on below link: