KURDS is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-political, nonprofiting and an independent community based and public utility organization. KURDS NGO is established in 1991 as an Iraqi NGO with Kurdistan Region Government (KRG) to respond to natural or man-made disasters to address its vital objectives, reconstruction of destroyed areas during the arbitrary wars and internal conflicts, develop the targeted communities via highlighting diverse issues of awareness programmes regarding health, education, women social and political rights, violence against women, gender equity in rights and duties and capacity building programmes Simultaneously KURDS aims to develop the socio-economic conditions and environment of targeting areas by coordinating amongst the national & international agencies and targeted communities in term of raising the needs and requirements to provide transitional development, emergency responses and relief assistance nationally to the beneficiaries.
Purpose and Scope of the position:
Under the direct supervision of the KURDS site engineer, the Site Monitor will be responsible in his/her assigned area for assisting in implementation of the engineering works of the Program in required place.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Field assessments and Project Design
• Participate, as required, in field assessments
Supervision of subcontracted projects
Under general guidance of the site engineer, the site monitor will carry out the following tasks:
• Implement thorough monitoring procedures to ensure that the approved contractors are procuring construction materials and equipment in a manner consistent with the donor Procurement and Finance Policy.
• Supervising the contracted projects with regard to the work quality, specifications and project time frame
• Conducting surveying and Data Collection for the proposed projects.
• Identifying needs for technical support to the proposed projects.
• Doing the measurements of the achieved works by the contractors and sub-contractors.
• Assisting in projects budgeting, bill of quantity and implementation time frame.
• Submitting daily and weekly reports for site engineer in regular bases.
• Reporting to KURDS site engineers on projects progress and achievement on a daily
• Keeps daily record for each site stating complete information about the activities accomplished, obstacles, problems and remarks.
• Performance of other duties, as needed or requested.
Qualification and Preferred skills
• Bachelor of Civil Engineering.
• At least 3 years experience in the same field.
• Good written and spoken fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
• Good computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft office Excel, Word and PowerPoint and AutoCAD.
• Good organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
• Male preferable for this Position.
Please send your English CV to KURDS email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
CVs without subject line "The Application for the Position of Site Monitor" will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.