The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.theIRC.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. IRC is launching a long-term regional operation based in Baghdad, Iraq.
Job Overview/Summary: Under the direct supervision of Field Manager, Senior Supply Chain Officer is responsible to provide support and assistance to the IRC staff and programs in matters related to Procurement, Assets, Logistics and Inventory. The position is based in Kirkuk and cover Kirkuk and Salahaldin Office. The duties of the Senior Supply Chain Officer are as summarized below:
- Ensure that all supplies, services and equipment required by teams are procured and delivered on time by following the procurement procedures and implement them according to the situation, including emergency procurement protocol and sole suppliers.
- Routine communication, coordination and planning with teams regarding the order and delivery of supplies.
- Support the process of identifying capable suppliers in different cities and towns where IRC programs are operating and ensure that the field offices are following the IRC policies.
- Support the Procurement Officer in all procurement as needed.
- Preparing Bid Analysis for the programs and office supplies, trainings and maintenance.
- Prepare bid analysis according to IRC procurement policy and donor regulations and submit them to the Field Coordinator for the review.
- Oversee tendering for larger procurements and Master Agreements; prepare the minutes of Bid-opening/evaluation committees.
- Assist program teams in developing and monitoring procurement plans for each grant.
- Monitor the BVA System to identify errors and monitor overall operations spending.
- Generate and report any required data required by the Field Coordinator or SC Coordinator.
- Represent the Operations/SC team in on-boarding trainings of new employees upon request by the supervisor.
- Support in maintaining the SC filing system including PRs and Service Contracts.
- Attend grant meetings in absence of Sr. Head of office.
- Understand, implement and maintain standard IRC asset management policies and procedures.
- Oversee maintenance and updating of Asset Register, including details of asset transfer, asset repairs, asset disposals, breakdowns and purchase of new assets and attractive items.
- Ensure all assets are tagged and relevant forms are signed before issued to staff members or sent to the field offices
- Ensure necessary preventative maintenance and repair actions are taken for all assets.
- Advise on and manage assets and furniture disposal, when needed.
- Carry out quarterly spot checks for assets and inventory to ensure records are up-to-date for condition and location
- Support Field Offices in documenting the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of goods deposited at the IRC offices and warehouses.
- Provide inventory reports to IRC main office in Erbil.
- Supervise SC Officer to ensure necessary preventative maintenance, repair actions for all facilities are identified/resolved, utility bills paid on time and controlling intake/out-take of items from smaller stocks
- Provide support for arranging travel, accommodation, trainings and orientation for staff and visitors.
- Ensure vehicles are properly managed and that vehicle needs are shared with Field Coordinator for proper budgeting.
- Manage Operations petty cash, if required.
Staff Management and Development
- Coach, train, and mentor staff with the aim of strengthening their technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing professional development guidance
- Supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting performance objectives, providing regular and timely performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Provide constructive feedback and counsel on appropriate career paths and professional development.
- Promote and monitor staff care and well-being; approve and manage all leave requests to ensure adequate coverage.
- Offer leadership support for successful adherence by staff to IRC’s Global HR Operating Policies and Procedures.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Field Manager – Kirkuk and Salahaldin Office
Position directly supervises: Supply Chain & Procurement Officer
Indirect Reporting: SC Coordinator
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Finance, Human Resources, Security, program teams, Field staff
External: Vendors, local authorities,
Education: University Degree
Language Skills: Excellent drafting and oral communication skills in English.
- At least 3-6 years of prior professional experience in a similar post
- INGO experience preferred.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Strong computer skills required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently
- Have moderate supervisory responsibility
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills and flexibility.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
- Ability and willingness to work and travel throughout Iraq in IRC field locations.
- The position will based in Kirkuk supporting all IRC offices in Kirkuk and Salahaldin with possibility of travel to other governorates for support and training purposes.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى email@example.com
Please click on below link:
The closing date is: 26-Apr-21