NPA is seeking a Senior Programme Support Officer to support NPA Programmes in Iraq and Syria. This is a key programme coordination position within the organisation under the direct line management of the Country Director in Erbil. The Senior Programme Support Officer will provide support to NPA programmes including planning, implementation and the development and implementation of an efficient communication and reporting plans and will manage effective communication, visibility and knowledge management with NPA programmes and with partners.
• Support the programme teams and partner organizations in the process of proposal writing, budgets, logical framework and implementation plans. Review and provide input regarding partner contracts and budgets (originals and amendments).
• Assist the NPA programme teams in the process of partners’ capacity building assessment, development of capacity building plans and tools and help partners in designing their organisational development plan.
• Participate in giving inputs and updates for different reports such as quarterly, annual, among others.
• Work closely with the programme teams and partners in developing research and studies on the Iraqi context from different programmes perspectives.
• Work closely with the Programme Managers to produce qualitative and quantitative reports.
• Assist programme teams in maintaining track of all donor reporting requirements and liaise with the relevant programme managers in timely preparation and compilation before submission.
• Increase media coverage of NPA programs, opinions and technical research on and off-line.
• Lead production of external and internal communications materials for advocacy efforts and in raising the profile of the organization.
• Liaise with programme and partner teams to identify opportunities to gather primary source material for communications and advocacy, such as beneficiary success stories and high-quality photos of activities.
• Conduct regular field visits to gather primary source materials.
• Ensure proper visibility and branding for NPA across programmes including donor’s/ partners visibility requirements.
• Actively work with the program and partners’ teams to promote project visibility via local media through selective use of relevant social media platforms.
• Collect articles, case studies, best practices across projects for evidence gathering and format so they are suitable for external audiences.
• Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports such as information from UN, NGOs, news clippings, surveys, information from field monitors, etc.
• Ensuring that data are readily available, as appropriate, to the management, all concern departments and to other stakeholders, particularly on impact and lessons learnt from project activities
• Develop relevant training modules and train staff on communication and reporting and in project-specific tools and systems to track and reporting progress of project activities.
• Organize, prepare and conduct capacity building (regular mentorship, coaching and workshops) on communication and reporting for local partner staff.
• Contribute to organizational development of local partners, including supporting the projects managers in developing systems to track progress on capacity building and organizational development of partners.
• Assist in coordinating across the available components of the programmes in order to ensure effective implementation of data visualization and reporting.
The position is based in Erbil with frequent travel to other areas of operation as and when required.
· A minimum three years of progressively responsible experience in supporting programme implementation, coordination, communication and reporting.
· Experience in the areas of humanitarian assistance, human rights, social science, gender and women empowerment or other relevant area.
· Experience working with NGOs, INGOs, the UN agencies and understanding of the unique, complex operating environment in Iraq, KRI, Syria and the Middle East.
· Demonstrated experience and success in project, financial, staff and partner grant management, program monitoring and evaluation.
· Excellent (near to native) written and verbal skills in English, Arabic and Kurdish are essential.
· At minimum university degree in social science, communication, international development, economics, management, or in other related area is preferred.
· Excellent knowledge of up to date visual and oral communication technology.
· Ability to multitask, prioritize, handle pressure, improvise, and be a good team player.
· Creative thinking, problem solving, accountability for results. Strong interpersonal skills, good communication, organizational compliance, systems development & ability to work well in a team.
· Strong networking and interpersonal skills.
· Experience working in a multi-cultural and/or international work environment.
· Experience in capacity building of local organisations.
· Managerial skills, with the ability to inspire and build competence of staff and achieve results through others.
· Proactive with integrity, initiative and ability to think and work independently.
Applicants may submit their CVs with their contact details and telephone number to: HRiraqsyria@npaid.org before closing date February 29, 2020
Please mention the vacancy title: Erbil- Senior Programme Support Officer in subject box of your email, CVs received after the closing date will not be considered.
Due to the urgent need for the position the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.