Under sub-component 1.1 of the Iraq Social Stabilization and Resilience Project (ESSRP), IOM Iraq will work in close cooperation with the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MOLSA) to implement a large-scale cash-for-work (CfW) programme in Ninewa and Salah Al-Din Governorates. The 18-month programme will aim to: i) increase access to short-term employment and kick-start economic activity through labor-intensive public works; and ii) build the capacity of MOLSA to establish a Public Works/CfW program as a social safety net.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
Under the general guidance of the IOM Iraq Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of the Head of the Information Management Unit, and programmatic supervision of the Cash for Work (CfW) Programme Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Assess and provide guidance and technical assistance to MOLSA and other relevant government stakeholders to strengthen the databases utilized under the CfW programme;
- Support the utilization of agreed upon databases to generate lists, data, and reports as needed;
- Design solutions to integrate, centralize and automate information and data within the CfW programme;
- Develop data collection tools using but not limited to, the Open Data Kit (ODK) set of tools;
- Design and develop SQL databases, queries, functions, scripts and stored procedures to process data;
- Design and implement a structured dissemination plan for all information products and services related to CfW programme as information products for release to the current IOM Iraq website, IOM Iraq Datacenter portal and other applications;
- Assist in the supervision of data management activities including collection, submission, quality control, and data retrieval mechanisms;
- Support the related unit in processing, querying, and reporting related data;
- Ensure timely preparation and generation of local-level information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination to all relevant channels;
- Develop and implement proper backup/restore, data validation and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability;
- Support in designing reports and other products using graphic design tools and map GIS with other data as per required standards.
- Conducting data validation and cross checking activities to improve the quality of produced data.
- Provide user support and the system training to the staff on ODK or any other data collection applications.
- Visit field offices to provide technical support to the usage of information and database systems, and ability to provide solutions for technical challenges.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Complete university degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or a related field with seven years of work experience.
Experience & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Studio, ASP .NET and C# Programming Language.
- Proven track record in Software Development.
- Excellent writing skills and experience with creating design documents, specifications and test plans.
- Experience with setting up/maintaining knowledge management systems a distinct advantage
- Experience in managing data collection, entry and maintenance;
- Experience in managing and developing databases (particularly SQL Server) is essential.
- Minimum two years of experience in programming with C# and ASP.NET.
- Minimum one year of experience in developing and maintaining data system with ODK.
- Results orientated with good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Familiarity with the UN common system is an advantage.
- Previous work experience in an international organization in Iraq is an advantage.
- Previous work experience in Iraq or other country in the Middle East is an advantage.
Fluency in English and Arabic is required. Knowledge of the local language(s) in the area of work (Kurdish, Turkmen, and/or Assyrian) is an advantage.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism.
- Works effectively with all focal points and managers.
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly.
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management.
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Displays mastery of subject matter.
- Contributes to a collegial team environment.
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.