Job summary: To provide support to the Finance Manager and Finance Director in all aspects of accounting, financial management, and internal audit requirements.
SubPartner Financial Reporting:
- Review Partner financial reports and ensure these are complete, accurate and supporting documentation is submitted to Finance Manager and HQ for review.
- Work closely and support Sub Partners, providing guidance in preparation of monthly Financial Reports in compliance with IMC policies and procedures related to financial reporting.
- Review sub partner vouchers and documentation supporting all transactions. Identify risks and non-compliance with IMC and donor regulations and control procedures. Work with program teams to develop a risk mitigation plan as required.
- Prepare the Sub Partner Accrual Cash Transaction Journal (CTJ) with supporting documentation for review by the Finance Manager before upload in Cost Point accounting system during month end closure. This includes making entries into Cost Point and review of GLs.
- Review and reconcile sub partner general ledger monthly; Investigate errors and prepare to correct entries for posting as needed.
- Upon approval of Sub partner Financial reports by HQ, prepare the Sub Partner adjusting CTJ with supporting documentation for review by the Finance Manager before upload in Cost Point accounting system during after month-end closure.
- Train the Sub partner finance staff in IMC accounting processes
- Support the programs team in making financial risk assessments of sub partner in accordance with monitoring plan and provide capacity building to the finance staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sub partner Payroll:
- Review Partner Payroll (Excel) and supporting Schedules to ensure these reconcile to the timesheets and financial report.
- Review and support the sub partner finance staff in computation of payroll tax, social security and ensure that these are accurate and paid on time.
- Ensure that monthly Income Tax reporting to the tax directorate is done on time.
Balance Sheet reconciliation - AR/AP – Sub Partner Accounts receivable and Payables:
- In consultation with the Finance Manager, update the AR/AP Analysis for the Sub partner receivables and payables account on a monthly basis.
- Keep track on all Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable balances, in order to be able to loop in the Finance Manager in case of any adjustment needed before month close end.
External and Internal Audit:
- Assists in the preparation of IMC led Sub partner Audits.
- Coordinate (with the Finance Manager) on Sub partner Test of Transactions (ToT's) Responses and submit these to Finance Control Unit on a monthly basis.
- Does random Sub partner vendor checking – calling vendors and checking quotes.
- Ensures Partner files are listed physically and electronically and kept up to date.
- Regularly visits partner offices on a weekly basis, and whenever necessary.
- Other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor related to Finance Department duties. This includes cover for other colleagues and completing regular financial duties.
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Master’s Degree, or alternately Bachelor degree with 5 years’ experiences in financial management, accounting and other related fields, reporting and/or financial controlling. Certification as a Qualified Accountant would be an asset.
- Experience in humanitarian affairs, emergency preparedness and management of emergency relief would be a strong asset.
- Experience in dealing with audit review/reports/recommendation
- Fluency in English (written and spoken) is required.
- Availability to travel to project sites, in Anbar and Salah Al Di on a regular basis
- Maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
- Conducts work with the highest level of integrity
- Communicates these values to staff and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Please send your English CV to IMC email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
**CVs without subject line "Senior Finance Officer-Baghdad" will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.