Under general guidance of the IOM Iraq Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Senior Emergency and Programmes Coordinator in close coordination with all PMs, the incumbent is responsible for providing administrative and operational support to the Senior Emergency and Programmes Coordinator for the effective daily operations of programmes implemented through the IOM Iraq.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Sr. Emergency and Programmes Coordinator to provide administrative support and assistance in the accomplishment of his duties, responsibilities and objectives taking action points and following-ups as necessary.
- Collate and review correspondences for signature, including recommendations for decisions. Participate in internal or external meetings when requested.
- Provide support to the Programme Managers (PM) in the assessment, coordination and development of IOM humanitarian emergency response at national level when necessary.
- Gather information and provide feedback with RART TLs & FPs in the field to refer/flag/up relevant issues to the Emergency Officer or other PMs . This includes opportunities for further projects, best practices, lessons learned or resolution of project issues.
- Liaise with Emergency Officer to consolidate reports submitted by PMs for donors, partner agencies, governments and stakeholders and share the information with relevant units in the mission.
- Assist the Senior Emergency and Programmes Coordinator and other PMs in ensuring country-wide integration, coordination and monitoring of humanitarian response delivery between regional and in-country hubs and the satellite offices in Iraq.
- Coordinate data collection and reporting from emergency field staff to ensure necessary updates and reports are submitted on time
- Liaise with PMs and PI in preparation of IOM Iraq’s internal sitrep or Newsletter.
- Provide IM support to the emergency team in coordination with IM unit to ensure emergency response is effectively captured.
- Support administratively in internal meetings in note taking.
- Undertake duty travel relating to emergency assessments, as necessary.
- Contribute in the preparation of various written reports pertaining to the functioning of the Mission (e.g. draft background papers, information sheets, section of reports and studies, etc. Assist with translation of documents as required.
- Set up and flag internal and external meetings including timely reminders to respective units and staff members (programmers, admin/finance, logistics, procurement, IT, security etc.); as requested, participate in internal and external meetings, brainstorming sessions and training workshops; prepare and share minutes with relevant staff and make revisions as required; send out reminders to meeting participants on agreed action points
- Maintain agenda/schedule of and make appointments for the Sr.EC &PC, assist in maintaining agendas/schedules and make appointments on behalf of the Sr. Emergency Coordinator
Education and Experience
- University degree, Degree in Public or Business Administration, Management, preferably in Public or Business Administration, Management or a related area with Two years of experience working in a position of a similar capacity with international institution, Embassy, government or non-governmental organization.
- Experience in working in an international environment and in liaising with a variety of partners at all levels of the hierarchy.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills. Ability to present clear and concise information.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via a link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.