Work in direct support of the Samaritan’s Purse Nineveh Rising programming in Nimrud, abiding by the SP Code of Conduct. Responsible for providing (unarmed) security and site oversite for Samaritan’s Purse personnel and property, as well as related tasks assigned by the management. Exhibit a generous and serving spirit while performing all duties and responsibilities.
- Control entry of vehicles and people into Nimrud and Mosul sites.
- Assist with the flow of crowds as needed during any on site events or distributions.
- Check and clear beneficiaries before allowing them to enter the site.
- Ensure all visitors to the site, whether staff or beneficiaries, sign in and out of the site.
- Patrol a perimeter fence (inside and outside)
- Clear the site daily before the arrival of staff and beneficiaries.
- Assist with manual tasks around the compound as instructed by the program management.
- Report any suspicious activity, concerns or security incidents as soon as possible to direct supervisor.
- Always monitor cameras.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Impeccable integrity and honesty
- Committed to following the SP code of conduct, values, and ethical standards.
- Humble team player
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal
- Levelheaded and calm demeanor; able to firmly, yet professionally, direct people when the need arises.
- Self-starter and motivated to succeed, regardless of the task.
- Situational awareness, attention to detail, anticipation of events, and follow-up
- Previous experience in security, preferably with a non-governmental organization (NGO)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving ability
- Flexible and adaptable to changing schedules and requirements.
- Willingness to travel (SP works at locations throughout northern Iraq)
- Willingness to work in a field environment (including extended periods outside in extreme temperatures, rain, and dust)
- Ability to drive a standard transmission vehicle in rough road conditions.
Education / Experience Needed
Previous experience in a security position, preferably with an NGO.
Arabic required (spoken and written), English desired, but not required.
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
The subject of the email should Security Guard - MFC & NCC
Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
CVs must be in English language.