Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Asia.
Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
The Liaison Officer - Ninewa, based in Mosul will work under the direct line management of the Security Manager. He/she will be responsible for managing security and safety of the ME staff and assets and liaison in Ninewa.
Main duties and accountabilities:
- Develop and execute a security plan for the Area of Responsibility (AoR)
- Ensure safety and Security of the ME staff.
- Reports to the Security Manager (SM) on all Security related matters within their AoR
- Provide advice to the SM on all Security related matters
- Maintain liaison with all relevant Agencies and Government Departments on security related matters as and when required.
- Maintain liaison with Local Security forces & /Government Agencies and Local Authorities.
- Establish a methodology for the collection, analysis and dissemination of security information gathered from contacts, national, local and social media sources
- Maintain a Data base of security incidents.
- Ensure timely passage of information as received and passed onto the SM.
- Develop, Maintain, Review and Ensure the implementation of Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
- Take all mitigating measures according to the country Security Management plan and SoPs
- Monitor, record and Track staff movement.
- Act as a Warden and ensure Warden System is properly applied in his/her AoR in the event of an Emergency
- Attend all relevant meetings.
- Maintain Google Earth/Google Map files of all relevant frontline changes and security/access impacts in project areas.
- Deliver security briefing as part of the induction process for new staff and visitors and when requested.
- Liaise and develop networks with other humanitarian security counter parts.
- Develop and conduct safety and security trainings and timely Security briefings for ME staff,
- Assist in the recruitment, training and supervision of security staff.
- Liaise with regional local authorities to discuss potential problems and plan possible methods of resolution;
- Process Security Clearances for Regional/Area travel/movement, Coordinate and track staff/vehicle movement;
- Prepare and Disseminate up-to-date Security Situation briefs to all ME local staff
- Conduct routine investigations and security assessments to ensure the safety of staff to enter or return to a location where actual or suspected problems exist;
- Conduct routine security surveys of office and residential areas and premises when directed;
- Conduct investigations and prepare reports on minor cases of theft, illegal entry, assault, or other incidents when the extent of the infraction is readily determinable;
- Prepare Security reports,
- Identify training needs and liaise with the SM for the provision of training;
- Establish a professional, informative and flexible relationship with the program clients.
- Escort expat travellers when required and supervise all drivers in that location.
- Ability to work long hours
- Perform other security related duties as assigned.
- Strong sense of client service
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken in English, Arabic and Kurdish
- 3 years relevant experience in the required field
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Earth, Maps
- Good organizational skills
- Strong understanding of Ninewa and Iraq security dynamics, places and culture
- Experience in Military or Security related field is desirable.
- Ability to manage priorities and follow deadlines.
- Ability to live and work in a stressful and volatile environment.
- Willing to travel with short notice and often in difficult conditions
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's in English on firstname.lastname@example.org with indicating the "Security and Liaison Officer (ME/NIN/MOS/069/062019)" in the subject line of the email no later than July 3rd, 2019. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer