The risk & transportation assistant is responsible for supporting the risk manager and risk and transportation Officer in ensuring that risks for the programme remain acceptable and proportionate, and that CARE meets its duty of care to staff. This will be achieved through maintaining oversight of operational Risk issues, providing advice to management in real time, and implementing CARE’s policies and procedures. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, fiduciary, security, health & safety, reputational, compliance, legal, operational and information security risks. The position also is required to monitor transportation, ensure proper vehicle utilisation, maintenance, fuel consumption, monitoring and controls systems and ensure adequate vehicle administration files, including vehicle log sheets, fuel consumption, vehicle maintenance and repair and accident reports are maintained in support with R&T Officer.
Position Location: Sinjar, Iraq
Duration of Contract: five months
Gross Salary: 1350-1500 USD
Responsibilities and Tasks
Planning and Preparation
- Developing and maintaining a strong contextual understanding of the areas of operations in consultation with staff, managers and the Risk & Transportation officer.
- Monitoring the security environment in operational areas, updating situation and risk assessments on a routine basis, informing the Risk Officer & Manager of current and emerging trends and threats. As part of this attend local security network meetings (INSO etc.)
- Advise the Risk & Transportation Officer and on an ongoing basis of events that could potentially affect CARE
- Support the development of a risk culture that is supported and reinforced by the RMP.
- Liaise with government, military and, where needed, commercial security providers, to ensure that CARE staff can maintain access to program areas within limits of acceptable risk.
Procedures and Protocols
The Risk and Transportation Assistant will be responsible for assisting the Risk Manager and Risk and Transportation Officer in the management of risk, in part through the effective implementation of SOPs and Contingency Plans, and provide the following services:
- Briefing all new staff to operational areas on local risk conditions and protocols.
- Accompany staff in field visits.
- Maintain high levels of oversight for physical security issues at offices and guesthouses.
- Disseminate security flash alerts and advisories to staff and partners in coordination with risk manager and risk and transportation officer as and when required.
- Report non-compliance of procedures or security breaches to the line r&t officer.
- Ensure that effective communications are in place and that all staff members are adequately trained to use any equipment that is included in the RMP, and that all staff members are capable of following communication protocols.
- Assisting Risk manager to prepare SOPs, Contingency, Fire evacuation…etc.
- Maintain Risk department asset registrations.
- Prepare and organize guard’s duty schedules,
- Manage guards, making sure they follow their duty plans.
Support after an Incident or in a Crisis
The risk and transportation assistant is required to be a First Responder for any risk related incident involving CARE staff or assets in their operational areas. Responsibilities include:
- Providing incident reports and analysis as required.
- Be deployed on short notice to support operations in any CARE program area in Iraq.
- Support Incident Management or Crisis Management Team(s) in the event of a major incident or in a time of crisis.
- Assist with emergency medical evacuations within the country office.
Reports and Advisories
- Prepare a weekly situation report for the risk and transportation officer.
- Providing technical advice to the CARE Office in respect of staff and programme safety and security risk mitigation
- Ensuring that regular risk assessments are conducted, and management informed of emerging trends and threats.
- Support Risk and Transportation Officer in ensuring the vehicle is well maintained and regularly service checked (Oil, water, Tyres, engine and vehicle equipment).
- Support R&T Officer in ensuring vehicle usage data (Movement requests, log sheet, fuel usage and consumption rate, monthly report analysis tracker) are correctly recorded.
- Support Risk and Transportation Officer in Ensuring movement schedule/plans daily and weekly are planned and organized.
- Make sure safety, security, and health equipment’s and materials are in vehicles and maintained.
Other tasks as assigned by Line Manager
- Desired: Recognized certificate in Security management.
- Desired: Recognized certificate in Risk management.
- Desired: Recognized certificate in adult training.
- Desired: University bachelor’s degree.
Experience & Technical Skills
- At least one year work experience in equivalent roles with NGOs
- One year experience in working in complex and hazardous environments.
- Familiar with local laws/regulations and context
- Fluent Arabic, Kurdish with good command of English.
- Flexible and committed to standards of work
Please submit your application in English language (Cover letter, CV) to CARE’s Human Resource Department at HR-KRI@care.de no later than May 11, 2021. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Note: Please write name of the position in the subject line otherwise it will not be considered.
NB: Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Due to the urgency of the position, CARE reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.
For any enquiries regarding this position please contact CARE Iraq HR Manager through email@example.com.
WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION