GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the direct supervision of the Grants Manager and overall guidance from the Operations Coordinator, and in close coordination with Programme staff, field teams, MEAL and Technical Unit, the Reporting and Communication Officer (RCO) will be responsible for liaising with the relevant departments to ensure the consolidation of donor reports and ensure their timely submission. The RCO will also be responsible to ensure a regular external communication about HI’s activities and services on the field, through the feeding of different social media. Finally, the RCO will provide support to the Operations team according to the needs.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Donor reporting
- Lead in the coordination and compilation of donor reports according to the contract with the Project Managers and Area Managers. This involves the development of concise weekly and monthly reports as specified in the contract; but also ad-hoc requests from the donor or from HQ. The RCO should ensure a quality and accountability check.
- Lead the preparation of Interim and Final reports as specified in the project contract;
- Ensure a review of all reporting content prior the submission of the document to the Grants Manager, including editing and formatting;
- Ensure a timely submission of the report to the Grants Manager and Operations Coordinator for revision, by ensuring a timely collection of all inputs from relevant departments;
- Support the finalization of the report submission package, by elaborating the relevant Annexes through the collection of evidences and by liaising with relevant support departments, Technical Unit and MEAL and project partners.
- Ensure a regular external communication to promote HI’s mandate, activities and services in Iraq on relevant social medias, with guidance from the Grants Manager, Operations Coordinator and validation of HI Head of Mission.
- Ensure a regular collection of information and pictures with field teams (documenting, analysing, filing, in line with HI communication and safeguarding policies).
- According to the needs, ensure a consolidation of external communication materials for donor reports in the form of a communication package.
- Field visits and Capacity Building
- Conduct regular field visits across HI’s bases in Iraq, to better understand the projects of HI, collecting inputs for reporting/communication purposes and to provide support to the implementing team.
- Under the supervision of the Grants Manager, support the capacity enhancement of field teams in narrative reporting, institutional knowledge and archiving, to ensure a smooth reporting process .
- In coordination with programme teams and the PMs, liaise with the local partners for the reporting and grant management requirements as per the needs.
- In coordination with the management team, assist and accompany media visits whenever requested
- Support to the Operations Team
- Support the Grants Manager in filing and archiving all relevant documentation for projects implemented on the field;
- Keep accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, project development and reporting files and administration information;
- Support the Grants Manager and Operations Coordinator in elaborating the monthly Sit Rep, destined to HI’s HQ.
- Support the Grants Manager and Operations Coordinator in fundraising through compilation of relevant Annexes.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 8.30 AM to 16.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Base : Erbil
Line Manager : Grants Manager
Head of Department : Operations Coordinator
Management : No
Operational link : No
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
· Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
· Internal regulation (IR)
· Child protection policy (CPP)
· Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassement (PSEAH)
· Antifraud and bribery
· Code of Conduct (CoC)
Education: Bachelor / Master degree in Social Science or Media
Languages: Fluency in English, Arabic & Kurdish mandatory.
Experience: At least 2 years of work experience in a NGO, association, organization, social enterprise or media setting with strong communication output.
Other/General: Outstanding English writing skills, Creativity, proactiveness, Sense of initiative and independence.
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
23rd Apr 2021
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Minimum Three References to be provided with CVs, CVs without references will not be considered