CARE is responding to the humanitarian needs in Iraq. In and around Mosul, CARE delivers water, sanitation, shelter and household items. So far, CARE has reached over 200,000 people with its overall assistance. In Mosul city and other areas of Northern Ninewa, CARE is also rehabilitating and equipping public health centres with medical equipment and supplies, and providing nutritional and educational services to pregnant women and new mothers. CARE is also training midwives and traditional birth attendants to deliver maternal health services to people in the area.
In camps for displaced people and surrounding host communities in Northern Iraq, CARE is working with local Iraqi organisations to provide clean drinking water and hygiene items
In support of its expansion, CARE is recruiting a Receptionist (national position) to receive posts, visitors, receiving and file all bids and tenders, ensure safety of office gate and where needed, provide and facilitate travel planning and arrangements.
Position Location: Dohuk, Kurdistan Region of Iraq
Type of contract: 10 months (3 month probation + 7 month extension), full-time, with the possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
Reporting Lines/Line Management - The Receptionist reports to the Administrative Assistant/IT Officer- Dotted line to Head of Programme support.
Key Internal Contacts - Administrative/IT Assistant, Finance Officer, Logistic and Procurement Officer, HR officer, Program Team, Liaison Assistant, Cleaners.
Key External Contacts - Implementing partners, particularly their support staff.
Responsibilities and Tasks
To achieve the overall and specific position’s objectives the Receptionist will perform the following tasks and undertake the following responsibilities:
The following is a brief description of the role.
- Check the offices in the morning making sure that all is in order.
- Ensure that the front and rear entrances of the building are clean.
- Switch on all lights and check cleanliness of the interior, making a record of any poor levels of cleanliness or any maintenance issues and take necessary steps/action to remedy.
- Ensure that the kitchens are as clean as they should be.
- Review and update on a regular basis the telephone extension lists.
- Grant or deny access to CARE premises.
- Raise the alarm in case of Security or Safety incident.
- Greet and welcome visitors to the Offices during the working hours, ensuring they sign in the visitor’s book and informing the relevant member of staff of their arrival.
- Keep records of visitors signing in and out of the building.
- Monitor and ensure that the reception area is kept tidy and projects a business-like image.
- Making travel plans and arrangements for international visitors where and when appropriate.
- In the event of a fire and/or any other emergency requiring staff to leave the building, to be responsible for ensuring that the visitors book sheets are removed from Reception and taken to the outside meeting point.
- Perform other Receptionist duties as per the request from the direct supervisor (taking meeting minutes, translate documents)
- Register and control bids submitted.
- Receive and submit to office utility bills.
- Receive and keep record of all posts and hand over to relevant department.
- Mutually support the Administration Assistant.
- Data entry of different documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Child Safeguarding: CARE International in Iraq is committed to protecting the rights of children. We reserve the right to conduct police/ reference checks and other screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.
Preventing Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, and Abuse: CARE International in Iraq staff are committed to each other and to the protection of the people we serve. We do not tolerate sexual misconduct within our organization or external to our organization. Protection from sexual harassment, exploitation, and abuse are fundamental to CARE International Iraq’s relationships, including employment, and our recruitment practices are designed to ensure we recruit people who are committed to our work and the people we serve. We will use the recruitment and reference process to ensure all potential staff understand and are aligned with these expectations. To find out more, please contact the Human Resources Officer or read the CI PSEA and CP Policy (Click here).
Gender equality: CARE International in Iraq is committed to meeting the standards of the CARE International Gender Policy (2009). Through this policy, CARE seeks to promote the equal realization of dignity and human rights for girls, women, boys and men, and the elimination of poverty and injustice. Specifically, this policy it seeks to improve the explicit incorporation of gender in programmatic and organizational practices.
- Certificate relative to the duties and responsibilities of this position.
- At least one year of experience in Reception and Administration, previous experience with an international NGO.
- Experience in handling office and reception issues.
- Advance knowledge of English. Excellent command of Kurdish and Arabic.
- Attention to details and dedication
- Computer skill; good command of MS office tools (word, excel, outlook)
- Willing to learn and develop professionally in a multicultural environment.
Please submit your application in English language (Cover letter, CV and three references) to CARE’s Human Resource Department at HR-KRI@care.de no later than Thursday, February 21st, 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Note: Please write name of the position in the subject line otherwise it will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, CARE reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required qualifications before the mentioned deadline.
WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE APPLICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION
NB: Women are strongly encouraged to apply