The Psychologist is responsible for providing specialized services and individual psychological support for people with moderate to severe mental or emotional disorders in the different areas of intervention. In addition, the psychologist provides technical support to protection staff to implement sound psychosocial support (PSS) activities.
KEY JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist protection cases with identified mental or emotional disorders that were referred by Case Managers/Workers or external agencies;
- Conduct case-by-case needs assessments for the diagnosis of psychological disorders and identification of treatment and therapy;
- Develop individual assistance plans and conduct psychological counselling utilizing various techniques;
- Document progress on cases, maintaining strict protocols for confidentiality and consent;
- Provide group and individual counselling sessions, according to identified needs;
- Facilitate internal trainings to Case Managers/Workers on the provision of basic psychosocial counselling as part of the case management;
- Facilitate trainings for internal outreach staff and partners working in the communities, on psychosocial first aid (PFA);
- Strengthen community based psychosocial support and peer support group activities;
- Provide input and evidences on key protection risks and concerns for awareness sessions and information dissemination by outreach team;
- Work in close collaboration with technical staff (Protection Coordinator and Protection Officer) for the development of the project’s overall PSS component;
- Provide coaching and support to the field staff in the implementation of structured PSS activities;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles, including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability and need-to-know principles.
- Complete additional tasks assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- University Degree in Psychology
- 3 years of relevant work experience as clinical psychologist
- Strong knowledge of psycho-social programming in the humanitarian context
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Ability to train people and build their knowledge and skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic
- Good English knowledge (written and spoken)
- Applicants may submit their CVs to (email@example.com )
- Please mention the vacancy title: (Psychologist - SAD) in subject box of your email.
- Email without vacancy title will not be considered.
- Email after the closing date will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- the position will be open till to be filled and INTERSOS will screen application on rolling bases system.
INTERSOS will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, INTERSOS has not retained any agent in connection with recruitments.
INTERSOS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.