Under direct supervision of Assistant project manager for IDPs at Harikar NGO, Complaints Response Mechanism Officer will undertake the below tasks and responsibilities:
Post Title: Team Leader
Reports to: Assistant project manager for IDPs
Location: Duhok /IDP camps
Working days: Saturday-Thursday
Harikar Non-governmental Organization
Terms of Reference
Protection Team Leader
The Team Leader will work under supervision of project assistant manager for IDPs, he/she will be responsible for the protection monitoring component of UNHCR project in Duhok. As such, the Team Leader will lead a team consist of 10 Protection Monitors who are responsible for the implementation of the protection monitoring project. The overall goal of the protection monitoring component is to provide actionable information about the protection environment within IDP camps and non-camp if required for advocacy and response targeting, and to directly facilitate information provision and referrals for vulnerable displaced populations. The Team Leader will work closely with UNHCR and Harikar to develop an advocacy strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and standardize protection monitoring program under the UNHCR project (Pillar 4);
- Oversee protection monitoring interventions coordinating regular protection monitoring, protection assessments; community profiling exercises; etc.;
- Develop and continuously update and refine quality systems and tools for protection monitoring to ensure the effective collection and analysis of qualitative data relating to the protection environment, including physical safety and security, freedom of movement, documentation, safe and equitable access to services, etc., including via enrolment in ASSIST;
- Use (ASSIST) as a tool for the purpose of protection monitoring in order to collect the required information from the field.
- Ensure protection activities are of high technical quality, meet humanitarian standards and are flexible and responsive to contextual changes;
- Ensure that protection-related internal and external reporting programmatic and donor requirements are met, and that reports are timely and of a high quality;
- Provide quality oversight of the information products coming from the management team in coordination with the Assistant Program Manager, inclusive of performance reporting;
- Support the development of advocacy messages relating to the suggested response and interventions using protection monitoring data;
- Strategically position the protection monitoring findings in policy briefs and advocacy and/or communication messages before the right targeted audience;
- Act as a liaison between the Assistant Project Manager and the protection team on plans and related activities;
- Monitor the tracking of indicators to measure progress; assist in developing indicator tracking tools for new activities, in collaboration with the team at camp level;
Staff Performance Management, Learning & Development:
- Build the capacity of team members in relevant technical and management competencies;
- Coach, train and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive feedback, and providing documented semi-annual performance reviews.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions;
- Hold high-quality meetings with each direct report on a regular and predictable basis, at least monthly engaging UNHCR;
- Provide a measurable development plan including on-the-job learning with the aim of strengthening technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team.
Research, Learning and Analysis
- Support the development and implementation of regular monitoring and evaluation activities for the protection program together with the Assistant Program Manager and Monitoring and Evaluation Officer of Harikar;
- Ensure quality information management including beneficiary count in coordination with the Assistant Program Manager and donor liaison of the project.
Coordination & Representation
- Support timely information sharing regarding challenges and needs at the field level;
- Coordinate the Protection Coordination meetings at the camp level advocating for protection team members to be present within field level working groups, and to bring together the protection streams at the field level;
- Assist in contributing to the development of referral mechanisms in collaboration with protection monitors, other NGOs and the Protection cluster.
Other relevant duties as assigned by the Project assistant manager to support the implementation of the program.
- Bachelor’s Degree Social/humanitarian Sciences or other related fields.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, Kurdish and Arabic
- Good team player; able to take direction and work collaboratively with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in a highly professional manner with beneficiaries, community members, and partners.
- Able to complete required reporting and documentation within the set deadlines.
- Highly motivated, creative, and compassionate person who is dedicated to ensuring that models of best practice are utilized.
- Able to maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging environment.
- Ability to promote the values of equality, non-discrimination, and human rights for all.
All application should be supplied with a CV and a letter of application, detailing a brief description of why the applicant’s qualification and previous work history are suitable to the position.
Application should be placed in a sealed envelope, addressed to Harikar local NGO, indicating the applicant’s name, the post applied for, and should be delivered to the following address:
Harikar Local NGO
Nohadra Quarter, Jeen Street, 32/4, 1005, BA Dohuk.
Duhok, Kurdistan, Iraq
Or via this Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the Job Number (VA-HD-2019-019) and position they are applying for (Protection Team Leader) in the subject line of the email.
Applications with no subject line will not be considered.
The closing date for applications for the above vacancy is 15th Sep. 2019 , at 03:30 PM. (local time).