- Conduct protection monitoring activities at household and community level using a balanced combination of established quantitative and qualitative tools;
- Ensure systematic and timely data collection using a standard household assessment;
- Identify key informants in the community to involve in regular protection monitoring activities through semi-structured or unstructured interviews (KIIs);
- Facilitate Focus Group Discussions (FGDs) amongst community members on selected topics to better understand the causes and consequences of identified risks;
- Monitor and report protection concerns and trends, new population displacements and movements in the areas of operation;
- Report to the Team Leader / Protection Monitoring Officer any serious protection incident or immediate protection concern identified within target communities;
- Identify individual cases with protection concerns during household assessments for referral to internal services or specialized agencies;
- Verify collected information on protection risks as well as availability and access to services through direct observation of the area;
- Support the Team Leader in the reporting of qualitative and quantitative data and information;
- Map main service providers in the area of intervention and identify and report gaps in the availability of services and quality of service provision;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality, accountability and need-to-know principles;
- Support sensitization, information dissemination and awareness raising activities.
Education and professional experience:
- University Degree in a related field (Social Sciences, Law is an asset);
- One year of relevant professional experience in the protection sector;
- Previous working experience with IDPs, refugees and returnees;
- Strong knowledge of international protection in the humanitarian context.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong data collection and reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure and as part of a team
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge in English (written and spoken)
For Application, PLEASE VISIT THIS GOOGLE FORM LINK (YOU WILL NEED A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO ACCESS IT)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.