Project Officer - Hamdaniyah / Kirkuk
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Officer - Hamdaniyah /Kirkuk
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This Purpose of Position will be used in the WVI or local Careers site, and if applicable, advertisements. Please describe the role in 2-3 concise sentences. Focus on the core of what this role is supposed to achieve. Describe the purpose of this position and how this position contributes to achieving department objectives and the management and performance of others.
The project officer will be responsible for implementation of the livelihood and social cohesion project and act as an expert for the project. The individual will be responsible for providing technical and organizational support and overseeing the contextualization and implementation of interventions in Hamdaniya and Kirkuk . Liaises and works closely with churches, stakeholders and community members and carries out day-to-day implementation of Social Cohesion ,livelihood , and training program. Deliverable project outcomes in compliance with Donor’s requirements. He/She will be represented as a local coach and ensure quality implementation of services.
- Coordination and Project Implementation
- In coordination with project coordinator and guidance of technical advisors implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets
- Provide the project coordinator with continuous feedback on project activities conditions and all external factors that are likely to be relevant to it in the future; Spread the project identity and message into national stakeholders
- Facilitate training and workshop for Community Mobilizers to facilitate community discussions on life skills, conflict dynamics, community mapping and planning, inter and intra group dialogue for youth (age 18-30 years), community and faith leaders.
- Support beneficiary selection for livelihood and Social Cohesion sessions, and ensure organizational and documental aspect of the beneficiary data
- Provide training, coaching and support to the Community Mobilizers in Hamdaniya and Kirkuk.
- Support Life skills coach in organizing events and linking beneficiaries with existing services
- Lead and facilitate sharing best practices within staff and stakeholders
- Provide technical input and coordination of events in the community on promoting equitable access to resources, under the guidance of Project Coordinator.
- 2. Strengthening the community engagement and networks
- Together with community mobilizers , organize monthly stakeholders meeting to share the achievements
- Meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity report to project coordinator
- Based on the donor requirement, support project coordinator to submit required donor report
- Support project coordinator to submit information and report to Inter-agency WGs
- Project Filing
- Ensure project documentation system is updated
- The documents only need to be shared with the manager he/she will be reporting to.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Higher education
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English languages
- Two years of experience working experience in Livelihoods programs
- Fluency in English and Arabic languages
- Good understanding of the local Church community and the context with a solid established relationship with Church leaders/faith leader .
- Bachelor degree in Social Science, Public Administration, International Relations or other Development Studies with minimum of 4 years of work experience in management and community level engagement for NGO is required.
- Knowledge in peace and conflict management
- Experience in training and facilitating workshops on sensitive cultural topics with community and faith leaders.
- Experience in supervision of Community Mobilizers or other project staffs who directly engage with community.
- Knowledge of the returnee profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience of communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations and other related area stakeholders.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
60-80% travel required
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/project-management/project-officer-hamdaniyah-kirkuk/12382 No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 22 April 2019.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.