General View of the Position:
Bahar Organization (BO) is active with its humanitarian actions in NES since 2012.
The current position is assigned as part of the project “Restoring Livelihoods through Agriculture Revitalization in North East Syria (RLAR)” implemented by Bahar in cooperation with Concern in Kobani and Ein Issa. The project goal is to improve food security and resilient and sustainable livelihoods for conflict-affected farmers in North-East Syria.
Three outcomes will be pursued:
i) Poor and vulnerable farming households’ agriculture and livestock assets and productivity are recovered and reinforced
ii) Market access and functionality is improved.
iii) Future and current agro-pastoral livelihoods programming is improved.
The Project Officer will supervise the project in the field and report the progress to the Program Coordinator.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Strong interest to work on issues related to agriculture and livelihood enhancement.
· Knowledge in agriculture and livestock, especially regarding the crop calendar and specific conditions for planting/harvesting crop and breeding
· Self-motivated with time and stress management skills.
· Fluency in both (written and oral) Arabic, English is mandatory.
· Networking skills to effectively correspond with a diverse audience in different setting.
· Ability to take responsibility, meet deadlines and make progress with minimum supervision.
· Excellent attention to details including proactive, creativity and reliability.
· Proficient in M.S. Office (Excel, Powerpoint and Word)
· Familiarity with USAID compliance, rules and regulations will add value.
Academic Qualification/s and Professional Experience:
· Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Agriculture, Management, International Development, Social Sciences or a related field.
· Minimum one year experience as Project Coordinator or Project Manager
· Minimum one year experience in projects related to agriculture/distribution of items
Preferable experience in voucher programming
Interested candidates can apply by sending their CV to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org by COB on Tuesday 3rd of December 2019. and the dead line will be 11-12-2019
Candidates need to indicate the Position applied for in the subject line by Project Officer -3
The post will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to BO’s office for an interview.