- Supervise Mosul emergency response and recovery teams (CRS Assistant Project Officers and Field Workers), providing distant and on-site support.
- Support the recruitment of field workers and volunteers; organize and lead training of field workers and volunteers.
- Support the Program Manager in leading program staff under his/her direct supervision to respond to the emergency situation in an adaptive, responsive and timely manner, with security as the highest priority in programmatic decision-making.
- Support PM in ensuring high performance from Mosul emergency teams by providing support in planning and managing monthly, daily, and weekly tasks.
- Seek other opportunities to build the capacity of his/her staff.
Program Management, Monitoring, and Quality
- Support PM to ensure beneficiary accountability in all phases of the program.
- Support PM in the process of developing and writing detailed implementation plans and closely monitor progress against this plan; propose and make implementation and programming adaptations and modifications to ensure achieving results on time, effectively and efficiently.
- Implementation of participatory assessments and monitoring of community needs and support the analysis to ensure CRS’ response and recovery efforts adapt to the changing context in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Support PM in planning the implementation of emergency response and recovery activities based on needs assessed.
- Guide the targeting and selection process for identifying target areas and communities as well as for identifying vulnerable households within communities.
- Ensure consistent use of CRS Iraq Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for any emergency response-related in-kind, cash, or voucher distributions.
- Ensure that registration and distribution lists include all data required by CRS and donors; ensure that beneficiary signature sheets are signed/stamped appropriately at the time of distribution; ensure that CRS protocols are followed related to updating or revising lists.
- Help manage regular and efficient monitoring of local markets to determine appropriate emergency response modalities.
- Participate in physical inspection visits to vendor facilities and warehouses; conduct spot checks and be present for truck loading prior to NFI shipments.
- Monitor vendor compliance with donor regulations and Standard Operating Procedures related to distributions, commodity management, and adherence to agreed product specifications.
- Contribute to identification and pursuit of new programming opportunities for Mosul response and recovery, both in emergencies and in longer-term opportunities, and support proposal development for future programming.
- Flag key programmatic issues to PM in a timely manner.
- Deploy to other parts of the country to support CRS responses as needed.
Representation, Communication and Coordination:
- Identify key internal and external stakeholders and ensure they are appropriately aware of and/or involved in CRS Mosul response and recovery programming.
- Support in establishing and maintaining excellent collaborative working relationships with the relevant government officials, camp managers, and humanitarian actors active in Mosul area to build strategic partnerships and leverage in-country experience, systems and tools.
- Support PM in the representation of CRS in relevant Cluster and camp coordination meetings, working groups and other external coordination meetings, and lead CRS inputs into Activity Info and other information sharing mechanisms relevant to the Mosul response.
- Promote the involvement of partners at all stages of the project cycle
- Coordinate with the Dohuk Security Focal Point (SFP) for all staff movements to project sites. Ensure that staff/projects have the required approval from relevant Government.
- Immediately report/inform all security incidents and regularly update SFP on any changes in the operating context in project locations.
- In consultation with Mosul PM, Senior Management and SFP adjust standard operating procedures and security posture as needed.