The GIZ “Private Sector Development Project” (PSD) supports the Government of Iraq to develop its private sector with the objective to create more job opportunities for young people. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organisation active in 130 countries with over 19.000 employees. More information about GIZ are accessible via www.giz.de.
The duty station for the “Project Coordinator – Integrity Advisory & Business Association Development” is the GIZ Baghdad Office.
The position is located in a motivated, dynamic, and idealistic team which welcomes personalities with similar qualities. We’re looking for people who like to think outside the box and are proactive in their approaches.
- Organisational Development of Business Associations (e.g. Chambers of Commerce)
- Anti-Corruption/ Integrity Advise
- Economic Data Promotion
The GIZ “Private Sector Development” project is looking for a coordinator who engages with companies and business associations to assist them expressing their interests to the government in a participatory, structured, and inclusive way. Furthermore, in coordination with Think Tanks and other non-state actors, economic data needs to be collected, analysed and published. The coordinator will organize advise to the private and public sector on how to mitigate corruption and increase compliance with international standards.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the responsible manager. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
The position holder will directly consult private institutions and additionally will organise consulting schemes with external contractors. Training & Capacity Building measures will be implemented.
The position holder provides local, practical, and academic knowledge to the project planning process.
- Strategic Networking and Stakeholder management
The position holder serves as activity coordinator for national organisations and political partners. This includes the creation of a strong network, continuous needs assessments, enabling project activities, communicating approaches. Furthermore, the representation of the project and its activities in coordination with the project director, built-up and care for relationships (stakeholder management) and identification of potential future cooperation partners.
- Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
- Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- Degree in Economics, Political Sciences, Political Economics, Business Administration, or other relevant fields.
- Work experience in mitigating corruption/ Integrity Advisory
- Work experience with Business Associations such as Chambers of Commerce, Sector Associations, International Chambers
- Work experience in international development cooperation organisation is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
- The applicant must be able to work for the benefit of a team.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
- Office Software literacy
- German language skills are an advantage
- Experienced networker
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time
Please send you motivation letter and CV to: GIZ.Iraq.Jobs@giz.de