- Information about the job position
Name of position: Project Coordinator agriculture
Expected length of employment: Dec.2019 – Mar.2020 with possibility of extension
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Anbar- Ramadi, Iraq
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network Caritas Internationalis. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
The project Coordinator agriculture is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, human resource, administration and security procedures. At the Governorate level, the Project Coordinator represents CCR to relevant stakeholders in Anbar, direct reporting to the PM of CCR.
General duties and Responsibilities:
- The Project Coordinator will be working in Anbar, based Ramadi – CCR office.
- Adhering in CCR and the donor’s (system and policy).
- To ensure implementation of work plans in accordance to the agreements signed between the Donor (WFP) and the partner (CCR);
- Monitor and report on various activities;
- To oversee the everyday operations at the field agriculture activity;
- Lead the process of selecting vulnerable farmers in coordination with WFP’s field monitor in Ramadi.
- Ensure that targeted communities are well informed of the selection criteria of farmers.
- Oversee the delivery of trainings and agricultural inputs to selected farmers.
- Oversee the construction of greenhouses.
- Leading the agriculture staff including program and monitoring and evaluation staff.
- Oversee monitoring frameworks for measuring the progresses of various staff at field officers;
- To review and ensure the archiving of the project document;
- To carryout field visits, to various projects ( agriculture projects, and report these field visits in proper reporting formats on weekly and monthly to the projects manager.
- Attending meetings in Anbar – Baghdad – Erbil if needed.
- Attending food security cluster in Baghdad every month or less.
- 75% in the field working closely with the projects officers
- 25% is meetings, reports, trainings …etc.
- Any other duties assigned by the management;
- BSc Degree in management, engineering or any other equivalent.
- Min 3 -4 years of work with NGOs.
- Good management, communication and reporting skills are required.
- Substantial knowledge regarding the program management on field level.
- Substantial knowledge of standard logistics procedures and practices required
- Good understanding of financial and HR procedures required.
- Excellent communication and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
- Ability to multitask and deal with stressful situations.
- Ability to adapt within the working environment.
- Ability to work in a team setting.
- Fluency in English and Arabic are required.
- Professionally of using MS office.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the following E-mail address:
The application must include a cover letter and CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by 25 Nov.2019
As the subject of E-mail please insert exactly “Project Coordinator agriculture”
NOTICE: Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime. CCR reserves the right of starting selection process before the mentioned deadline due to the urgency of the position.