Under the overall supervision of Head, Community Stabilization Unit, the direct supervision of National Operation Officer, the Project Assistant will perform the following duties:
Overall supervision of National Operations Officer
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Assist in the daily administrative tasks of the CSU team, including development and standardization of forms and templates (reports, questionnaires, surveys, profiles and, application, feedback and interviewing and monitoring forms)
- Coordinate off-site trainings, workshops, field visits and other program related activities in term of logistical and operational support.
- Liaise with other IOM staff members on administration, financial, logistics and operational matters in support of programme activities.
- Draft and translate correspondence and other materials from Arabic into English and vice-versa, Kurdish into English and vice-versa, as needed and assist with interpretation.
- Provide information and coordination on the program as requested and draft minutes of meetings, reports (external and internal reports) and other written materials/documents related to the programme deliverables.
- Organize and keep project files and documents according to an established filing system.
- Ensure the implementation of IOM activities in a participatory, culturally- and gender-sensitive manner.
- Travel on duty to Iraq, based on the needs of the programme.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the programme management.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or institute.
Experience and Skills
- Two years of relevant field of experience.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish is required.
- Arabic is an asset.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via this link:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly completed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.