Procurement and Supply Chain Management
• Carry out procurements in line with the MAG Procurement Policy and Handbook and ensure that MAG’s logistics and procurement policies, procedures and guidelines are known, implemented and adhered to.
• Work in collaboration with other departments, specifically mechanical/fleet, as well as suppliers to implement an effective. timely and efficient procurement process.
• Assist the Mechanical Support Manager (MSM) obtain relevant licences, permissions, renewals of vehicle registrations, as required.
• Assist the PIM and MSM in consolidating procurement plans across different projects and bases to enable the amalgamation of purchases and reduce spot-buying and small transactions processing.
• Provide regular updates on procurement activities, notably through updates of the Procurement Tracker.
• Support dissemination of best practices and ensure key MAG policies are adhered to by suppliers, including those related to safeguarding, anti-corruption/anti-bribery, anti-human trafficking and anti-slavery.
• In consultation with the PIM, coordinate with the HQ on items sourced internationally, ensuring such procurements are processed with minimal lead-times and have custom clearances and import/export/tax exemption approvals from local authorities.
• Obtain approvals from JCC / Asayish / Ministry of Interior for asset movements and ensure the smooth transfer of assets between bases.
• Ensure that MAG Iraq master asset register is updated when procuring and disposing of assets, specifically those related to mechanical/fleet assets.
• Ensure that inventory under supervision is continuously maintained and all movements/transfers are supported by correct documentation, in line with MAG Inventory Management policy.
• Provide monthly reporting and analysis on inventory under supervision.
• Coordinate transport of goods between store locations.
• Assist PIM and MSM in performing spot checks and inventories.
• A Bachelor’s degree with good English reading, writing and speaking skills.
• Minimum of 3 years demonstrated general experience in procurement and logistics.
• Experience in procurement and sourcing of mechanical/ fleet vehicle parts, repairs and maintenance.
• Knowledge/experience of local legislation/requirements for vehicle registration renewals.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
• Self-Organized, team player and ability to work under limited supervision.
• Supervision skills, able to motivate and control a small team.
• Good literacy, numeracy and IT skills (e.g. Word/Excel).
• Good in written and spoken English.
• Ability to maintain clear record keeping systems to monitor supply chain and asset management.
• The ability to communicate both in person and on paper.
• Proven negotiation skills.
Application procedure for the position
• All candidates interested in applying for this position should send their updated CV, in English, to this email Jobs.IQ@maginternational.org
• All applicants must mention the job title (Procurement and Logistics Officer) in the subject line of their email; applications with no job title in the subject line may not be considered.
• Due to the high volume of applications, only the short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• MAG is an equal opportunities employer, the closing date for applications is 25th April 2021. Late applications and applications sent through links will not be accepted.