Under the supervision of the Logistics coordinator , the Roving Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following main activities (Provision of support services and tasks related to procurement and logistics based on Cordaid policies and procedures , Realize the base purchases respecting Cordaid policies and procedures And Work closely with program and support departments in order to provide logistics support to the field sites ).
- Provide quality assurance on supplies and ensure that Cordaid is getting “value for money” in all its purchases and services.
- Procure all materials and equipment ordered by the projects in a cost-effective and transparent manner in line with Cordaid specific policies, in conjunction with Log Coordinator.
- Plan travel to the field to implement procurement and logistics activities depending on field needs.
- Monitoring procurement and logistics activity in the field.
- Support the Log Coordinator in quotations, CBA ,PO ,Contract ,GRN , receipts and invoices collection ensuring that suppliers fill in the documents correctly.
- Prepare goods received note for items from suppliers according to Cordaid rules.
- Assist in appropriate documentation of all logistics operations and support Log Coordinator in organizing files: scan all Procurement files and maintain their archiving updated both manually and electronically
- Ensure that adequate anti-fraud procedures are in place minimizing the potential for abuse of Coradaid ’s logistics systems.
- Support the Log Coordinator in identifying potential suppliers and in revising the Suppliers List and ensuring that all the required information are included.
Stock and Asset:
- Participate with the Log Coordinator & HR /Admin Assistant in the joint verification of procured goods and equipment, ascertaining the items conformity to technical specifications and quantities.
- Organize number and tag properly all items in the logistics stock.
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories (physical counts) and that the records are up-to-date in all times.
- Ensure that disposal of obsolete or damaged assets is properly approved and documented, according to Cordaid policy guidelines and donor requirements, as applicable.
- Oversee the day-to-day work of drivers, ensure that drivers follow all safety and security procedures and that drivers maintain their vehicles to expected standards.
- Ensure proper recording on fleet management (e.g. log books, fuel consumption etc.)
- Receive travel requests and maintain trip schedules and Staff Movement Board.
- Coordinate closely with program teams to ensure efficient planning of daily transport needs inside the town.
- vehicle equipment (first aid kits, communications etc.) is complete and serviceable
- security procedures and that drivers maintain their vehicles to expected standards.
- Ensure safe and adequate transport provision to all international staff and visitors.
Reporting and Networking:
- Support Log Coordinator in preparing regular, timely and accurate logistical reports
- Establish and maintain good professional working relationships with suppliers, service providers and contractors whilst strictly adhering to Cordaid anti-corruption guidelines and code of conduct.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum Diploma in Business, Accounting, or relevant field. Specialized academic certificates or training certificates will be considered as an added advantage
- Experience in humanitarian logistics, procurement, stock management.
- Good understanding of the procurement rules and regulations
- Experience in working in complex humanitarian setting, experience of security related responsibilities an asset
- Ability to work with extremely tight deadlines and multiple tasks, delivering good quality work in timely fashion.
- Fluent in Kurdish and good level of English required, Arabic language skills an added advantage
- Good level of interpersonal and negotiation skills and motivation to work as part of a team.
- Very good knowledge of MS Excel and Word programs, and common computer and communications applications
Strong competency in computer and email applications (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
Further information & how to apply:
Applications including a motivation letter and extensive CV in English, with the contact details of three professional references to Job.MENA@cordaid.org, before the deadline which is Feb. 27, 2020.
Please include the “PLA 2020” in the subject line of your email. Any email without the subject line will not be considered.
for any information about Cordaid organization, please visit our website: www.cordaid.org