Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders (MSF) is an international humanitarian organization providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims or armed conflicts, irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. MSF observes neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of its functions.
Supporting the drug supply management in the designated facilities under the supervision of the Pharmacy Manager of the project and according to MSF health policies and protocols, in order to contribute in the guarantee of the proper management and distribution of drugs and medical devices.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting in the supervision, management and control of the medical stock in the project in order to avoid ruptures, losses and gross overstock of drugs and other supplies and overseeing and monitoring its storage conditions
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Manager, assisting on a monthly basis with preparation and approval of order requests, ensuring they are completed in timely manner to prevent unnecessary orders in between. Following up on drug ruptures.
- In cooperation with the Pharmacy Supervisor and other MSF team members, assisting in the supervision, management, follow up and control of medical/supply stock in the MSF office, expat houses, and MSF cars. This includes physical count, ordering and monitoring of expired dates.
- Assisting with the collection of consumption from facilities on at least a monthly basis and collecting data about number of patients. Cooperating with and assisting the Pharmacy Manager in all related monthly reports, and under the Pharmacy Manager’s supervision, communicating and providing medical data to relevant MSF team members
- Improving and following up the monitoring systems in place.
- Supporting the MoH counterparts in their responsibilities regarding monitoring of drug consumption, stock management and preparing/receiving orders.
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Assisting in preparing and organizing training sessions for MSF staff.
Providing programs continuity during supervisor’s absence and handovers; sharing knowledge of program with incoming staff in a timely, accurate and efficient manner.
- Essential: qualified pharmacist technician
- At least 6 months relevant experience collaborating with local pharmacy systems (DoH and private) is an asset
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting
- Arabic: Fluent in writing, reading and speaking, English is required.
- Immediate availability
- Teamwork, flexibility, commitment, resourcefulness, stress management, service orientation, results and quality
How to apply:
Please send cover letter & CV, Diploma & DoH Card to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or submit your cover letter and CV in the CV box located in MSF CPOC- Behind Al Salam Hospital
Please put “Pharmacy technician” on the application letter.
In all CVS you need to clearly state your experience by writing the organization you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
The deadline for application is 30 April 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.