Driver for Sulaymaniyah, Kirkuk, Diyala and Erbil Governments as On Call
On-call here we mean based on the need not a contracted driver with a vehicle
The driver is responsible for
• safely and responsibly performing all official travel using official vehicles ( His own Vehicle any type)
• regularly servicing and looking after official vehicles ( Vehicle must be maintained all the time while using for Oxfam Official trips for the mentioned areas)
• taking account of all available information on road conditions, accessible routes and locations
• running official errands and
The driver performs the following tasks:
Type of the vehicles and the plate number:
One vehicle is requested to be hired as only on-call as below Models and type of Vehicles, the registration plate preferred to be Sulaymaniyah Erbil are both accepted only:
- SUV Car the model should not be under 2010
- Pickup Car the model should not be under 2010
- SEDAN Car the model should not be under 2010
• provides passenger transport in his car for office, project or program staff, official visitors and guests
• runs errands for the project, program or office, e.g. sending letters and messages, paying bills and buying smaller quantities of office supplies, this when requested from him.
• helps with transporting goods based on the request.
• completes the vehicle log correctly and conscientiously in accordance with Oxfam standards
• cleans the interior and exterior of the vehicle(s) regularly ( always keep the vehicle cleaned)
• checks oil, water, brakes and brake liquid, tire/tyre pressure, battery levels and the entire vehicle, monthly or every 5,000 km (whichever is first), headlights, brakes, bodywork for dents etc.
• is responsible for the project vehicle documents and their good condition, keeping a vehicle log and recording monthly maintenance.
• reports need for service and carries out minor repairs.
• immediately reports all involvement of the project or office vehicle in accidents, including minor accidents, damage, loss or theft of vehicle fittings
- Knowledge management
• uses all available information (including current radio news on traffic conditions) to update daily knowledge of road conditions, current passable routes and locations, and shares this information with other office drivers
- Other duties/additional tasks
• assists other colleagues as needed in the project, program or office if there is no travel pending, carries out other office work on request
- Required qualifications, competences and experience
• secondary school education
• holds a valid driver’s license
• at least 3 years’ work experience as a driver with references, preferred experience with NGOs/LNGOs
• no major accidents in the past 2 years
Other knowledge, additional competences
• Kurdish Language, good knowledge of English language, knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
• discipline and punctuality
• resilience and patience
• familiarity with Sulaymaniyah, Erbil, Kirkuk and Diyala ( Kalar) Areas and Route city ( All related Areas and Oxfam intervention areas) and overland travel in northern Diyala and KRG, this is when requested.
• appropriate appearance and attire (friendly manner with all passengers)
• ensures unrestricted availability of vehicles at all times and reports restrictions immediately
• willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- These vehicles with the drivers are only on calls (means there will be no monthly contract, only will be paid for those trips been worked for Oxfam, and that based on the range will be shared in the on-call driver contracts later.
- Oxfam needs this position only and mainly for transporting staff between Diyala ( Kalar), Sulaymaniyah, Erbil, and Kirkuk when needed that will be based on the communication in advance prior to 24 hours.
- Trips may be on the weekends, most of the time.
- It’s a must that the driver should be from Sulaymaniyah (Sulaymaniyah Residence).
- Governmental Employees are not short-listed or selected whatever their sectors are and not advisable to apply.
The deadline for receiving CVs is the 30th of October 2021
These vehicles with the drivers are only on calls (means there will be no monthly contract, only will be paid for those trips been worked for Oxfam, and that based on the range will be shared in the on-call driver contracts later.
Oxfam needs this position only and mainly for transporting staff between Diyala ( Kalar), Sulaymaniyah, Erbil, and Kirkuk when needed that will be based on the communication in advance prior to 24 hours.
Trips may be on the weekends, most of the time.
It’s a must that the driver should be from Sulaymaniyah (Sulaymaniyah Residence).
Governmental Employees are not short-listed or selected whatever their sectors are and are not advisable to apply.
If you are interested kindly submit your cv to the link :https://jobs.oxfam.org.uk/vacancy/15890/description
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted: