To ensure the work of the Logistics department is managed efficiently and effectively in line with an established guidelines. Office clerk 1 does simple office/ logistical tasks requiring no specific qualification (photocopying, simple document filing, office logistical duties and care of inventory)
In addition, you will need to be an enthusiastic, flexible, committed, and a resourceful colleague who can support the Manager to lead the team. The successful candidate will need to deliver to a high standard, be resilient and have a positive “can do” attitude.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following responsibilities under the direct supervision of the ICRC Workshop Manager in Baghdad.
- Follow-up and keep up to date the HR files of (BAG, BGD, BAS, RAD and NAJ) fleet staff In Flight Wave Central;
- Liaise/coordinate with Admin/Human Resources and other concerned for (holidays, absences, Field Tips request, periderm, etc.) for BAG workshop staff;
- Prepare Supply Requests for fleet activities such as for purchase of diesel fuel, local purchase of spare parts etc. and do the necessary follow-up;
- Operate fleet database fleet wave as per given access;
- Follows up in coordination with the car dispatchers all accident cases in (BAG, BGD, BAS RAD and NAJ) and update the accident file in FWC accordingly;
- Keep proper filing of all vehicles documents in the vehicles history file and archives including Import export documents;
- Communicates with outlook messages to other departments for BAG fleet activities and do appropriate follow up;
- Follow-up the outlook, print and file all important messages related to Fleet, workshops according to the ICRC standard;
- Follow up the Bagdad operational command (BOC) and the National operational command (NOC )letters for ICRC fuel tanker movements in Baghdad;
- In coordination with fuel operator carry out fuel stock order, receive, maintain minimum and maximum stock as per given instruction from supervisor based on forecasted fuel requirement.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree.
- Two years’ work experience in similar position.
- Good knowledge of written and spoken English.
- Very good computer skill.
- Experience in communicating and working with a wide range of people, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Knowledge as a store keeper is an asset
- Basic technical, electrical knowledge is an asset
- Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Ability to draft clearly and concisely;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and gender sensitivity;
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds;
- Ability to work under pressure
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and drive for results;
- Proficiency in Office applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Explorer.
- Delivering at Pace, Collaborating.
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies.
ICRC Remuneration and Social Benefits: We offer
- A monthly salary with benefits including (13th salary, medical coverage, training opportunities and social security scheme)
- The opportunity to practice your profession in an international, humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Support you through ongoing learning and development opportunities
The successful candidate will submit to a three month probation period.
Interested candidates should forward the following to (BAG_hrservices@icrc.org)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications
- Salary expectations
Please indicate the post title you are applying for. Applications will only be accepted with valid residency and work permit in Iraq.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted immediately.
As ICRC, we are convinced that diversity makes us better at what we do: it enables us to form close relationships with wide-ranging communities and develop the best solutions for the people we work with. We make a conscious effort to have diverse teams with regards to age, disability, race, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation and particularly in terms of gender as women make up more than 20 % of our staff and are encouraged to apply.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization
whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of war and internal
violence and provide them with assistance. Please visit our website for further information: www.icrc.org
ICRC DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS INCLUDING (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, OR PROCESSING).