The Nutrition Coordinator will be responsible for designing and implementing a Nutrition and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) training curriculum with women. The Nutrition Coordinator will ensure that all activities and trainings adhere to SPHERE 2011, the International Code of Marketing and Breastmilk Substitutes and subsequent relevant resolutions, and Operation Guidance on IYCF-E and CMAM. The Nutrition Coordinator will be expected to perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
Overall responsibility for day-to-day supervision of the Nutrition component of the project. Organize and conduct community Focus Group Discussions to identify the nutrition and IYCF needs in target population. Design trainings on Nutrition, dietary diversity, and IYCF best practices with technical support from Samaritan's Purse’s Nutrition staff.
Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging to mothers and other caregivers at all programming contact points (e.g. feeding demonstrations, trainings, support groups) and in the community. Facilitate the development and scheduling of outreach activities (e.g. mother to mother support groups, screening, cooking and feeding demonstration, micronutrient distribution).
Identify and train women from the target community who could serve as volunteers in leading mother to mother support groups. Develop weekly and monthly work plans. Compile monthly activity reports.
Liaise with other departments such as Finance, Logistics, HR, and Security as appropriate and necessary. Liaise with other humanitarian actors, local authorities and ministries within the project site to maximize collaboration and ensure proper coordination of activities and agreed protocols.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Strong primary health care/community health care experience. Demonstrable commitment to promoting and supporting optimal breastfeeding and complementary feeding and prevention of malnutrition.
Demonstrable management experience, including budget holding responsibility. Experience of designing and implementation programs, including monitoring and evaluation.
Experience in conducting assessments and an understanding of data and information systems. Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff. Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
English and Arabic are required; Kurdish preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Nutrition Coordinator - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language