• Assist with the registration of new staff members, registration of IMC offices, guesthouse and warehouse applications. Assist in gaining permission to restricted access areas (for staff and vehicles) for all locations in the KRI where applicable.
• Liaise with, advise Security Focal Points (SFP) when required in the KRI/IMC offices, and brief the Erbil/KRI Field Site Coordinator (FSC).
• Monitor security activities within the KRI/IMC program areas and keep the CSC and FSC updated accordingly.
• Ensure that all IMC field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats and fully advised on mitigation measures to reduce staff vulnerability to those threats.
• Ensure internal incident tracking system is utilized correctly. Perform limited incident mapping and analysis, where required.
• Work in conjunction with the IMC KRI based Logistics and Transport Managers to ensure all drivers who work with or for IMC are to be fully briefed on all aspects of IMC driver’s policies.
• Perform other duties as required and as directed by the CSC, FSC and CD.
• Work directly the CSC, FSC in relation to all security related matters.
• Ensure any incident or security related reports are completed and sent directly to the CSC and FSC providing timely updates of all situational and security developments.
• Attend security coordination meetings and update the CSC and FSC on any current security issues or concerns.
• Make frequent field site visits, to carry out security assessments, and ensure that appropriate safety and security related issues are been addressed.
• Maintain open lines of communications with all IMC KRI based field and office staff.
• Train sub-partner staff on security related matters, in conjunction with the relevant program teams.
• Build strong professional relationships with other UN agencies, local authorities and other NGO’s where required.
• Contribute to the creation of a positive image within IMC, and the overall credibility of the organization. Notably through the application of the organizations ‘Code of Conduct’, ‘ethics, values and stand-point’, with regard to internal and external actors.
• University Degree
• 3 – 5 years of work experience at Security Officer/Management level (Security Services, Police or Civil Defense).
• Must have experience in unstable and resource deprived environments.
• Strong understanding of the security situation across the Middle East Region with specific knowledge of the KRI, Iraq, Syria and Turkey.
• Experience in conducting operations safely and efficiently in challenging environments.
• Practical experience and knowledge of Risk, Threat and Vulnerability assessments, conflict mitigation and first aid.
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organization skills
• Ability to read and write in English. To be able to analyze and interpret, technical and non-technical information.
• Ability to speak or brief in public, respond appropriately to questions from Senior managers and peers alike.
• Experience in working with Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO) or the United Nations (UN) is an advantage but is not essential.
Please send your English CV to IMC email:
Please indicate the Title of the position in the Subject line.
**CVs without subject line "National Security Officer" will not be considered.
Links to CVs will not be taken into consideration.