The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for maintaining chains of data collection, certifying data quality, and verifying all donor and Samaritan’s Purse (SP) standard indicators are being accurately tracked and interpreted. Additional responsibilities include collection, organization, analysis, developing monitoring, inspection, evaluating procedures within programs and summary of information, while maintaining the information dashboard. This includes innovative research using the data collected, collaborating with partners in information systems, and data collection. He/she is the gatekeeper for the information that circulates during the program, and is responsible for collating this information into succinct, accurate, and timely reports. Performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit, always maintaining Samaritan Purse’s Christian witness to the communities.
Track program impacts against targets, indicators, and organize goals. Supervise staff in evaluation and tracking of program impact by monitoring all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
Learn to use Samaritan’s Purse Reporting System (SPRS) iForm, implement as a tool in all project activities, and assist teams with iForm system. Back-up and maintain data from the SPRS iForm system in a separate storage outside the cloud. Ensure data compliance with external donors.
Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work. Maintain the technology retrieval system with iPads and other telecommunication. Maintain applicable maps and displays to provide situational awareness to decision-makers regarding potential areas of concern.
Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project success. Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results. Monitor the sustainability of the project's results.
Provide feedback to program management teams on project strategies and activities; and facilitate the flow of data. Suggest strategies to the program management teams for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the project by identifying bottlenecks in completing project activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such bottlenecks. Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities.
Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system. Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the project. Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual, and other reports. Participate in annual project reviews and planning workshops and assist program management teams in preparing relevant reports. Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the project.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) experience is required. Candidates with previous M&E experience working for an NGO will be given preference. Experience in analyzing data using statistical software and project activities against core documents, policies, humanitarian ethics, and organizational goals. Degree preferably in Business, Economics, or related field.
English and Kurdish are required; Arabic preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be M&E Officer - Snuny
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language