Kvinna till Kvinna at Global Level
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation is a Swedish non-profit organisation that supports women in the context of war and conflict and works to increase women's power and influence in such contexts. Kvinna till Kvinna’s overall vision is a world with sustainable peace based on democracy and gender equality and in which conflicts are managed through non-military means. It envisions a world where equal human rights for women and men, girls and boys, are respected, and where everyone can feel safe regardless of gender, age or ethnicity. We consider that women should have power and influence over decisions and be involved as equal actors in the economic and political development of society to the same extent as men. This vision is permeated and further developed in the global strategy of Kvinna till Kvinna for 2016-2021, with four complementing focus areas; gender-based violence, participation, peacebuilding and organisational development. Kvinna till Kvinna has an inclusive (feminist) approach to cooperation in all contexts where we operate. In the MENA region, Kvinna till Kvinna is operating in several countries. The regional office is located in Amman and there are field offices in Jerusalem, Beirut, Tunis and Erbil. Kvinna till Kvinna supports partner organisations (POs) financially, but also technically and thematically, with networking possibilities and capacity development, depending on the contextual needs of each programme.
Support to Women’s Rights Organisations in Iraq
Kvinna till Kvinna has been in contact with Iraqi women’s rights activists since 2005 and started its programmatic work in 2010 after an inception phase that was carried out in 2009. In 2011, the Kvinna till Kvinna Iraq Office was established in Erbil. Kvinna till Kvinna presently has a financial cooperation with five partner organisations all of which are local or national women’s rights organisations. Two of these organisations have their base in Baghdad, one in Diyala Governorate, one in Kirkuk, and one in Sulaimaniah.
Kvinna till Kvinna’s support to the partner organisations in Iraq focuses on programme funding and thematic/ organizational capacity development including supporting them in formulating a vision for their development and in becoming more efficient and strategic in their operations.
Partner organisations are responsible for monitoring their own work in terms of changes and results that their projects contribute to as well as challenges in relation to the projects we support. Kvinna till Kvinna supports partners to strengthen their knowledge on monitoring and evaluation systems, processes and routines. We do this by various forms of trainings on monitoring and evaluation methods and tools conducted by Kvinna till Kvinna´s staff and sometimes by external consultants.
We are currently seeking to hire an external consultant to provide capacity development in Monitoring and Evaluation for all of Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations in Iraq.
- ToR Deliverables and Timeline
Kvinna till Kvinna would like to hire a consultant to support Iraqi POs in improving their Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) systems in November 2019 – February 2020 (or earlier, if possible). The consultant is expected to:
- Hold an initial meeting/call with Kvinna till Kvinna Iraq programme staff;
- Assess the current M&E system per partner organisation, based on initial meetings with POs previous M&E documentation and meetings with the organisations;
- Together with PO staff create an organisational M&E improvement plan by deliverable and date (action plan or a first draft to be created by latest February 2020) for following up on solutions for identified needs. The plan should ensure at minimum:
- PO M&E-responsible staff have developed strong capacity to do required project M&E;
- Consultant supports PO staff in setting up required M&E systems in their areas of work, responding to all donor requirements of the PO;
- M&E responsibilities are shared and appointed between staff;
- M&E and learning becomes part of the organisational culture and all PO staff have basic understanding of M&E terminology and systems;
- Other M&E-related issues identified by the Consultant;
December - February
- Together with partner organizations, implement all (or selected prioritized, together with Kvinna till Kvinna staff) action points of the organisational M&E improvement plan, depending on needs identified;
- Submit regular status updates Kvinna till Kvinna staff;
- Submit final report giving an overview of achievements and limitations.
- Graduate degree in a relevant field;
- Vast knowledge of the Iraqi culture and the security situation in Iraq;
- Proven experience in programme development, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience in developing M&E tools and systems;
- Understanding of current M&E trends, data collection, management and analysis systems & technologies in the NGO sector;
- Sound knowledge of gender and gender-based violence programming is an asset;
- Fluent in Arabic;
- Kurdish language knowledge is an asset;
- Good working knowledge of English;
Desirable to have completed security training, HEAT training is an asset.
Communication and Travel
The Consultant is expected to be travelling to Partner Organisations based in Baghdad, Diyala, Kirkuk and Sulaimaniah. Due to the risk involved in travelling to these locations, the consultant is required to:
- Read, acknowledge and accept Kvinna’s Code of Conduct and Minimum Operating Security Standards;
- With the support of Kvinna till Kvinna’s focal point, submit the travel request(s) authorization(s) and be part of the field trip operational plan from its inception;
- Attend the pre-deployment safety and security briefing provided by the Regional Safety and Security Advisor (RSSA);
- During the assignment, be available at all times (by phone and email) for safety and security assistance and support if required.
The consultant should communicate a short status update after meetings with partner organisations to Kvinna till Kvinna Programme Officer, and a final report at the completion of the deployment. Kvinna till Kvinna will also conduct regular debrief calls with respective POs throughout and after the deployment.
Kvinna till Kvinna will pay the consultant in two installments:
- After submission of organisational M&E improvement plans for all POs;
- After submission of final report latest in February 2020.
A contracted consultant cannot further subcontract the assignment.
- Consultant’s CV and an email with statement of interest
- Desirable: proof of insurance
Interested candidates to apply through this link: