Jobs By Governorate
Job Information MHPSS Case Manager NGO InformationJob Information
Contact Name HR Department
Contact Email iraqinfo@InternationalMedicalCorps.org
Governorate Salah Al-Din
Working Hours Full Time
Minimum Education Bachelor Degree
Minimum Experience 1 Year
Required TravelJob Status
No Of Jobs 1
Published Date 2020-02-20
Deadline Date 2020-02-25Location
[Al Alam,Iraq ]Description
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
- Promote and introduce the International Medical Corps (IMC) mental health (MH) services to institutions, centers, PHCs and individuals;
- Conduct mapping of services in the area of operations (where the MHPSS Case Manager allocated) and document it in the Referral Matrix for use to ensure accurate referrals. Update the Referral Matrix on monthly basis.
- Complete intake assessments using the IMC MH case manager’s toolkit that includes: Bio-psychosocial assessment, Care Plan, Risk Assessment and Safety Planning, Exit Strategy and fill in the progress notes;
- Provide psychological and social support to internally displaced persons, refugees and vulnerable host families at the primary health clinics, centers and field levels.
- Work with all MH patients seen by at least two members of the MH Case Management team to fill in the Care Plans that will be reviewed with the beneficiary and the Case Management team every 3 months, 6 months and 9 months. In case of emergency, it shall be reviewed at the end of the 1st and the 3rd month.
- Comprehend, fully understand and commit to IMC mental health case management model.
- Work closely with the members of MH case management team (clinical psychologist/psychotherapist and psychiatrist) to develop and follow up on the intervention plans.
- The MHPSS Case Manager will be an essential source of providing accurate referrals and ensure adequate follow up of all cases referred.
- Conduct outreach and home visits and document it.
- Prepare and conduct mental health awareness sessions for individuals and groups at the PHC and local community centers level using the relevant forms and background documentation developed and approved by IMC MH department.
- Prepare and conduct psychoeducation sessions for MH patients and their respective family members using the relevant forms and MH booklets developed and approved by IMC MH department.
- Maintain accurate records, patients/beneficiaries’ files.
- Preparing and submit reports in timely manner.
- Attend IMC trainings when such trainings are planned and implemented.
- Prepare, take-part and document Case Management Technical Meetings.
- Attend regular meetings with MHPSS Officer planned on weekly or biweekly basis.
- Report directly to IMC MHPSS Officer.
How To Apply
- University degree in Social Work (BA or Masters).
- Minimum 1-2 years in the field of social work.
- Previous NGO experience is a plus.
- Fluent in Arabic – English is a plus.
- Adheres to ethical considerations and principles in regards to working with vulnerable populations.
- Previous experience in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support programs and activities is a plus.
Please forward your application as marked “MHPSS Case Manager- Salahulddin/Al-Alam’’ to
Due to the urgency of the position IMC reserves the right to recruit any suitable one before the above dead line for application