Identifies patients after acute trauma surgery in public Hospitals from all Baghdad areas and Communities
Refers the identified patients to MSF Baghdad Medical Rehabilitation Center (BMRC) according to admission criteria
The MLO will be the main responsible for patient referral to the Center. He/she works in close collaboration with the doctors responsible for referral to Amman Reconstructive Surgery Project and with the BMRC medical team.
Patient Identification and Referral
• Identifies patients within BMRC admission criteria in Baghdad public hospitals
• Establishes a patient file
• Explains the treatment plan to the patient
• Refers the patient after agreement from the treating surgeon, the MTL and the patient, and according to BMRC bed capacity
• If needed, is able to assess and explain the possibility of referral to Amman hospital and opens a patient file for starting the referral process
• Discusses other potential patients (self-referral, MOH suggestions, other hospitals, ..) with the MTL
• Maintains regular contact with the referring surgeons and other contacts in surgical departments
• Together with the BMRC medical team, keeps doctors updated about the patients who had been referred to MSF projects
Documentation and Reporting
• Collects data about patient referral in a line list and participates in its analysis
• Reports to MTL and PC about his/her movement and the daily activities; as well as any relevant information or problem faced in the daily contact with Baghdad public hospitals
• Provide a monthly report about his activities
• Informs the MTL about any problem or complication of the patient’s illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of his department, equipment or material.
• Collaborate with the other medical liaison officers working inside Iraq.
• Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnosis and prevention. If necessary, carries out patient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
• Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
• Participates in ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
Knows all MSF medical protocols relevant for his field of activity, checks that universal precautions are followed at all times. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
• Education Medical Doctor diploma
• Experience 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training). Desirable in surgery, orthopedics or rehabilitation care
• Languages Arabic and English essential.
• Knowledge Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
Diplomacy, good communication skills
Applicants must submit their CVs no later than the 19th October 2017 to MSF office in Baghdad BMRC or the following address:-firstname.lastname@example.org
Stating the job title in the subject line of your email: Medical Liaison Officer MLO
We strongly encourage you to submit your application as early as possible.
Only short listed candidate will be contacted.