Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Protection and assistance for refugees and asylum seeker children in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah governorates.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
Scope of Work:
MEAL Officer, who will report to the program director, and will conduct MEAL activities and generates reports in all areas of coverage to further improve the project implementation.
- Assist in the revision of the project log frame, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Develop the overall framework, for project MEAL, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project MEAL Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the data in terms of quality and quantity in different areas.
- Review the approaches of data collection mechanisms.
- Evaluate the level of providing good baseline statistics by the implementing staff.
- Assist to enhance the project performances and consequences through giving recommendation in using different tools and strategies.
- Give different suggestions to facilitate the data collection methods and management systems within the organization
- Propose solutions in collaboration with the program director to strengthen the weak parts within the organization.
- Design questionnaires for assessments, and questionnaire manuals for data collection.
- Conduct regular field visits to evaluate and monitor the quality of data collection methods, to verify the procedures, to assign available discrepancies during implementing the activities.
- Support and participate in program and project evaluations.
- Analyze data, report findings, administrate the database, and verify the collected data
- Submit MEAL reports according to the deadlines and schedule.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to gain qualitative outputs of the project.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Relevant University Degree/Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields/ and/or equivalent qualification.
- 3+ years’ work experience in data collection, surveys conducting, data analysis.
- Minimum 3 year experience in national/international NGOs.
- Knowledge of analyzing qualitative and quantitative data.
- MEAL in Child Protection experience highly preferred.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, Kobo).
- Ability to work actively under pressure and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Having Communication skills, Negotiation skills, Planning skills, and organizational skills.
- Being innovative in MEAL field.
- Cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic is required
Important Notice: Please fill in your email subject line " Meal Officer", any email without the subject line will NOT be processed:
please send your CV to the Following email address:
or you can drop your CV at our main office in Sulaimaniyah;
Rizgary, street 408, Hapsakhani Naqeb