Logistics Supervisor – Duhok
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Logistics Supervisor – Duhok
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensure an effective and efficient logistics systems is in place to ensure beneficiaries are assisted in a timely and dignified manner. Coordinate closely with primary and secondary transporters ensuring that compliance to standards and guidelines as per agreed contractual terms are observed and upheld.
- Logistic Management: coordinate with secondary transporters to ensure transport is adequately provided timely to FDPs
- Coordination: Closely collaborate with all project units i.e Distribution team, warehouse, unit in ensuring all warehousing logistics needs are fully met
- Invoicing: Ensure to check the invoices sent by the transport company
- Reporting: sharing the report on daily and when needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, in Logistics/ Supply Chain Management or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience in related field preferably in Warehousing and/or logistics.
- Must be able to communicate fluently and write in English. And Arabic or Kurdish
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, or Word program, fax and e-mail.
- Extensive exposure to food assistance programs
- Knowledge of the Sphere standards, Code of Conduct for Red Cross/ Red crescent, Humanitarian Accountability Partnerships (HAP) and other international humanitarian standards.
- Knowledge of Commodities standards, as defined and set out by Food Programming Management Group (FPMG)
- Knowledge of commodities & logistics operations, preferably within WV context, specifically those that relate to food distributions, warehousing, reporting, tracking, monitoring etc.
- Knowledge of different capacity building initiatives
- Ability to effectively develop rapport and relate to donors, NGOs, counterparts, and government agencies
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
- Must be willing to travel and a flexible approach to working conditions.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/supply-chain/logistics-supervisor-duhok/15058 No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 6 August 2020.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.