The Logistics Officer position provides experience and across a variety of logistical sectors. They will work in direct support of SP programs by completing procurement packages, maintaining inventory, and updating contracts in communication with both the Logistics Coordinator and Erbil-based logistics team. The job is based in Qaraqosh but will require frequent travel to field sites across Ninewa and Mosul. All of the above functions must be managed in line with the SP Code of Conduct, Procurement Policy, and Filed Operating Guide.
- Responsible for adhering to Samaritan's Purse logistics policy and maintaining compliance at each point throughout the logistics work flow.
- Receives direction from the Logistics Coordinator based in Qaraqosh.
- Coordinates with program managers and organizes their requests according to priority level.
- Visits vendors and completes all necessary paperwork to complete procurement.
- Maintains clean records of all the activities that happened with the Logistics/Procurement team, and maintains Supplier Vetting Database.
- Coordinates lease agreements and service contracts and all paperwork related to them.
- Maintains integrity of Public Tender process.
- Assists in maintaining Qaraqosh asset inventory in accordance with SP Policy and FOG.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
- Completed baccalaureate degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum 2 years working with International NGOs in a logistics capacity.
- Experience navigating a variety of different logistical requirements by donors.
- Be able to drive automatic or manual transmission vehicles.
- Demonstrated experience working on a team.
- Fluency in Arabic and English required. Assyrian or Kurdish is optional.
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Logistics Officer - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language