Logistics Assistant -National Post
Caritas Czech Republic mission to Iraq
- Information about the job position
Name of position: Logistics Assistant
Contract Period: 6 months
Type of position: Full-time
Place of employment: Erbil Governorate/ with frequent travel to field offices
Line Manager: Logistics officer
Start date: as soon as possible
II. Organizational context
Caritas Czech Republic (CCR) is a non-profit organization that operates abroad, in the context of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. It is a respected member of the international network, Caritas Internationalis and Caritas Europa. Its foreign activities focus on the health and social sectors and also on developing livelihood for the local population and education of children and adults.
Ensure adherence with CCR policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
Manage day to day maintenance issues at Erbil office and guesthouse ensuring CCR’s assets and inventories are well maintained. Organize repairs and maintenance as necessary.
Ensure proper filing of logistics documents and Admin documents for future references and audit purposes
Performs other duties when required and given by the line manager
Logistic Assistant Duties
- Receive shipments and ensure both quality and quantity
- Trace, track and expedite purchase processes
- Create and maintain contact with vendors and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Coordinate and manage drivers and programme staff in consultation of Logistics Officer and ensure about their shifts and schedule.
- Interact with third-party logistics service providers
- Physical checkup of vehicles on regularly bases (seek support from Drivers)
- Audit freight cost and documentation
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories
- Maintain communication with warehouse staff to ensure proper working order
- Review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Ensure all payments are processed in time
- Assist customers with inquiries
- Organize files both manually and electronically
- Monitor and facilitate repair orders
- Coordinate deliveries for repaired or returned items
- Conduct safety procedures for outbound shipment vehicle
- Reconcile hand receipts
Minimum 2 years of Experience from working as a Logistics Assistant or similar role in a humanitarian/recovery context with NGOs
Knowledge of Administration, asset management, warehousing, fleet management and reporting
Good computer skills - MS Office & database.
Good control and supervisory skills
Good communication skills
Bachelor Degree from Business Administration, diploma or certification from other relevant field is required.
Managing resources to optimize results
Managing performance and development
Handling insecure environments
Empowering and building trust
Team player & working with people
Flexible and creative
Long term committed, honest & straightforward thinker.
- What we offer
- Competitive salary depending on candidate’s profile and performance.
- 21 days of vacations per year
- Opportunity to work on an interesting project with high technical requirements and gain valuable experience.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates may send their applications to the e-mail address Iraq.email@example.com
The application must include a 1-page cover letter and a maximum 2-page CV.
The applications should be submitted the latest by March 5th 2020
As the subject of e-mail please insert exactly “Logistics Assistant”
Attachments must be named as following:
Last name of applicant_ name_ name of position_CV
Last name of applicant_ name_name of position_Cover letter
Only applications labelled correctly will be accepted for consideration. Only candidates selected to the next round will receive response from the representative of CCR. The selection procedure may be changed or cancelled anytime.