The World Service (WS) is LWF’s internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm. It has earned a distinguished record by linking timely, compassionate and professional emergency response with excellence in rehabilitation, reconstruction and effective long-term development efforts. Mandated by the communion of the LWF to carry out effective and empowering programing addressing human sufferings, injustice and emergencies, LWF World Service works with and for vulnerable and crisis-affected populations to achieve justice, peace and sustainable lives.
LWF Iraq has worked in Northern Iraq / Iraqi Kurdistan since 2014 and has been registered with the Kurdistan Regional Government since 2015. It has offices in Dohuk and Erbil. As an active member in WASH, Livelihood & Social Cohesion and SGBV/Protection Working Groups, LWF Iraq cooperates closely with relevant UN agencies, other INGOs, local NGOs and local authorities. All LWF Iraq ongoing programs in the field of WASH, Protection (PSS), Peace-building and Livelihoods contribute to the Iraq Humanitarian Response Plan and comply with the Core Humanitarian Standard. LWF currently implements activities in the areas of Dohuk and Nineveh Governorates. Through partners, LWF Iraq has reached Salah Al-Din, Bagdad and Anbar Governorates serving IDPs, returnees and host communities in and outside camp settlements.
Scope of Work:
The Livelihoods Assistant will be responsible for quality and timely implementation of livelihoods activities implemented by LWF and under the direct supervision of the Livelihoods Officer.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality Implementation of Livelihood activities as laid out in the detailed project implementation plan.
- Identification/verification and registration of beneficiary households for the livelihood project.
- Contribute in planning and executing needs identification exercises through participatory needs assessments.
- Ensure timely implementation of livelihood project activities.
- Document all progress, challenges, and learning happening across project period for future implementation of similar projects and accountability.
- Be active at the field level in coordination forums related to of livelihood activities.
- As per the advices of the line-manager, provide support to the partners’ project staff.
- Supervise project volunteers at the field level
- Liaise and coordinate with local authorities, financial institutes, court base, partner, organizations, NGOs, government bodies and cluster at base
- Actively meet with partners.
- Analyze, report the humanitarian needs, and provide clear detailed recommendation for
- Coordinate with private sector to invest in BRS&F project.
- Coordinate with livelihoods-related departments to improve efficiency and maximize synergy.
- Support in collection of case studies and beneficiary stories from the project location.
- As may be delegated by the livelihoods manager, represent LWF to the relevant sector working groups, clusters, and other coordination meeting
- As may be requested, support in facilitating field visits for external partners/LWF visitors.
LWF as an organization and LWF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the code of Conduct.
- University degree in business management, administration, economic and any other a field related to livelihood and business.
- Good Knowledge in IT.
- Good understanding of livelihood projects.
- More than 3 years’ experience in livelihood and grant activities and experienced in working with NGOs
- More than 3 years’ experience in coordination with local partners and SMEs.
- Preferably proven experience in entrepreneurship and / or in entrepreneurial activities Good knowledge of issues and challenges related to starting an SME
- Proven networking skills and excellent communications (oral & written English + language of country of assignment), presentation, interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills for engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational & positive work attitude and team player.
LWF values diversity in its staff and would therefore particularly welcome applications from groups underrepresented in its current team, including people living with disability.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application (CV)
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate “Livelihoods Assistant” in the e-mail title.
ENGLISH (CV) ONLY
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.