Hope Organization for Development and improvement is a humanitarian organization and Non-Profit organization established in 2007. Working in different cities in Iraq like; Ninewa, Salah-Aldin, Anbar, Kirkuk, and KRI. Have an update registration in Iraq and KRI. Hope Organization is Provides Relief, Rehabilitation, Livelihood, Emergency Response, Wash, Education, GBV sessions, PSS, Protection for Women and Children, and Reconstruction support to communities affected by wars and natural disasters in the country. Supports conflict-affected populations by strengthening the capacities of communities, civil society, and government authorities, increasing their preparedness to protect human rights through advocacy, providing basic services and promoting the well-being of the individual and the family and guarantee Women and children's rights in the community. Hope Organization is contributing to all available means to eliminate violence against women and children physically and psychologically. Hope Organization is also responding to the emergency and working in different sectors to make sure all the required support to the people receiving services, In addition, HOPE membership comes from different religions and sects and nationalities, working on providing training, research, dialogue facilitation, and civil society consulting in the field of human rights, peace-building, and the rule of law in order to promote a culture of non-violence without discrimination and in accordance with Iraqi constitutional provisions and international conventions ratified by Iraq.
Under the direct supervision of the program manager in Talafar, The livelihood Officer will be partially responsible for the field-level implementation of the Hope livelihood rehabilitation response across Ninewa governorate, S/he will participate in assessing areas for determining project services and will implement activities under Hope’s a) livelihood inputs distribution or infrastructure rehabilitation activities. The livelihood inputs Project Officer will be responsible for working with community members to determine what equipment or other goods are needed to support and improve their economic productivity. The infrastructure rehabilitation Project Officer will be responsible for working with representatives from the local authorities and community members to determine what local infrastructure repairs or development is necessary to promote economic productivity in the community. Project Officer will be under the direction of the project office to incorporate Cash for Work (CfW) programs within their areas of responsibility. Please specify in the application what assignment you prefer. This position is open to all applicants who meet the experience requirements.
1. Supporting Area Assessments
Responsible for supporting the Livelihoods Project Manager with assessing community needs and market profiles across Ninewa governorate, with a focus on
Supporting the Livelihoods Project Manager with ensuring that community participation is robust, that community member feedback is received and kept confidential, and that the process upholds humanitarian principles.
Coordinate with the Livelihoods Project Manager and Team leader on the design and delivery of an implementation plan for the assigned area of the project;
Monitor timescales for project activities and anticipate field-level administrative needs of the project;
Coordinating with the Team Leader that the project’s CfW component is adequately integrated into the area of project assignment;
Responsible for maintaining persistently up to date information on the project assignment activities and prepare regular progress reports to the project manager; and
Attend regular meetings with the PM to provide updates and discussion on the Project Team and implementation.
3. Knowledge and experience
Infrastructure Rehabilitation: Significant knowledge and experience on engineering, machinery, WASH, construction and related sectors; or
Inputs Distribution: Significant knowledge about local economies across Ninewa governate, particularly focused on agriculture, livestock, and daily work; and
Additional experience working with community participation programs is desirable.
4. Internal and external coordination
Coordinate with other Hope project teams under the “Providing a multi-sectorial area-based humanitarian response to vulnerable populations in Iraq” project;
Liaise with humanitarian organizations and other service providers for safe and effective service delivery under the project, including reporting to the Livelihoods Project Manager any confirmed or suspected changes to security or safety conditions that could impact staff or project activities;
Attend community-level meetings for community participation and feedback on livelihoods needs Telafar.
Other ad-hoc duties as required by the Livelihoods Project Manager.
5. This position will require Fluency in English and Arabic; additional fluency in Turkmani.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations preferably in livelihoods.
- Strong written communication skills, experience writing reports or other narrative documents.
- Experience managing staff and leading small teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to engage with communities, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work sensitively with vulnerable people, taking into account gender, age and diversity.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work as part of a team to achieve joint objectives, in a multicultural context.
- Ability to act calmly intense situations, handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and act with transparency and integrity.
- Solution-oriented approach, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, with the ability to organize and manage information, plan and manage workload, priorities, and deliver to deadlines.
- Demonstrable understanding of the local context, key humanitarian issues, and displacement trends.
- Competence in basic Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites as required.
- Relevant university degree or similar education preferred.
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to: (firstname.lastname@example.org) and put in the subject: Livelihood officer-Talafar
no later than 22 May 2019. Please write the name of the position in the subject line.
Women are encouraged to apply.