Background about the Agency:
Founded in 2003, WRO is a non-profit, non-government and independent organization dedicated to working towards the protection and advancement of all members of societies across Iraq and the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI). WRO supports the needs of Syrian refugee, Iraqi IDP, and host community women, men, and children in prevention and response to sexual/gender based violence (SGBV) and increasing their access to quality economic, protection, food, health, education, shelter and legal services. WRO has become a local and regional expert in SGBV prevention and response, economic empowerment, and integrated programming. WRO has over a thirteen year history of collaborative work at the national, regional and international level working with organizations such as UNHCR, UNIDO, UNOPS, UNFPA, IRC, the Global Fund, WVI, IFA, Global Medic, German Government, ASODH, UN Women, WFWI, Japan Government, DRC, NDI, LWF, IRI, , Global Affairs Canada, US Embassy regional reconstruction and Provincial teams and the Iraqi Civil Society Program Organization. WRO has delivered over 45 humanitarian and development projects focused on Stabilization and Reconciliation, Peace building, SGBV prevention and response, psychological MHPSS and physical health, formal and non-formal education, capacity building, protection, wash, legal, advocacy, livelihoods, political and economic participation, voter and democratic awareness, and reconstruction.
Position: Livelihood Coordinator
Job Term: 7 months
Location: Kurdistan and 75% travel Ninawah Plain.
Description of general duties
In collaboration with Project Manager and Head of Programs, Livelihood Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- coordinate Cash for Work program within the project;
- coordinate agriculture income generating activities within the project;
- coordinate vocational trainings within the project;
- coordinate with village savings groups.
Livelihood Coordinator duties:
- Participation in preparation of project work plans, designs and implement them within the project timeframe.
- Work with relevant Government Ministries, local authorities and other stakeholders to ensure complementarity and coordination .
- Support in managing relationship with communities and other local stakeholders.
- Conducting market and skill assessments in the target areas.
- Developing context specific livelihoods strategies including Cash for Work activities, agriculture livelihoods and vocational trainings.
- Coordination, implementation and supervision of livelihood activities within the project.
- Establish clear beneficiary's follow-up mechanisms and ensures that it is updated.
- Training of community based structures related to LVH.
- Ensure project implementation is on time, target and budget, using effective M&E systems to reach desired impacts.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the line manager.
- Document project reports, project ideas, case stories of change and lessons learnt.
- Provide weekly, bi-weekly and monthly data and narrative reports for livelihood component of the project(s).
Human Resource Development
- Lead and manage livelihood team within the project.
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and capacity building of livelihood team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree preferably in business management or related.
- Demonstrated experience (minimum 2 years) in Livelihood management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment, motivation and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Fluent in Arabic and English.
Team player, clear communicator, flexible, network-builder, able to handle pressure under limited supervision, and a commitment to protection human rights, child rights and gender equality.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit CV and cover letter including earliest available start date and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line: Livelihood Coordinator_ Your Name. Please note applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
In the email please mention your earliest date to start.
Please note that applications have no Livelihood Experience will NOT be reviewed.
Thank you very much for your interest, as we are not able to reply to all applications, if your profile meets our needs we will keep in on file for future opportunities. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted in due time.