Mission East, founded in Denmark in 1991, is an international humanitarian and development organisation undertaking disaster relief and development programmes in Asia.
Mission East worked in Dohuk from 2003-2005. In response to the recent IDP crisis Mission East has re-established a presence in Iraq in September 2014 in order to provide emergency assistance for displaced people. Our current programme in Iraq focuses on psychosocial support, shelter, non-food items, WASH, cash assistance in Dohuk, Ninewa and Kirkuk Governorates. In Sinjar, agriculture, cash for work and shops rehabilitation projects are also being implemented.
More information on Mission East can be found at: http://www.missioneast.org
- livelihood facilitator will be helping the assistant and officer to implement the asset replacement In Sinjar
- Conduct project assessment with asset rehab officer and assistant
- Work with the enumerators to conduct vulnerability assessment and implement the project
- the livelihood facilitator will be visiting the asset distribution locations on daily basis and reports to the livelihood officer
In purpose of helping the most vulnerable and families in Sinjar to make an income ME is implementing asset replacement project in Sinjar district. the livelihood facilitator will be visiting the asset distribution locations on daily basis and reports to the asset rehab officer.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance to the project team and ensuring compliance with accountability mechanisms in line with different standards such as the SPHERE standards and livelihoods cluster performance standards.
- Support the Livelihoods Assistant for the day to day coordination and supervision of activity team and outreach workers.
- Help establish and routinely visit the business rehabilitation trainings and other asset replacement activities to provide feedback and recommendations.
Daily visit and monitoring the asset replacement grant distribution with Hawala company.
- Participate in project evaluations, reflections, learning and assist in the analysis of results.
- Support the livelihood Assistant for the day to day coordination and supervision of project activities and facilitators
- Participate in knowledge and information sharing within the programme; Identify, document and disseminate relevant project learning within the programme.
- Any other duties as needed.
- Previous experience in livelihoods and ideally cash distributions/ or asset replacements
- Willing to travel and work in Sinjar City and the surrounding areas
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Strong experience in Microsoft Office
- Be able to speak, read and write in the local languages with some English skills.
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CV's in English on email@example.com with indicating the "Livelihood Activity Facilitator (ME/NIN/SIN/074/062019)" in the subject line of the email no later than June 30th, 2019. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Due to the urgency, Mission East reserves the right to recruit any suitable candidates before the above-mentioned deadline.
Mission East is an equal opportunity employer