- Conduct basic intake interviews with beneficiaries to assess legal needs and provide legal counselling on main issues encountered;
- When applicable provide legal assistance to beneficiaries with legal or urgent protection needs;
- Provide timely feedback to INTERSOS Case Management staff or to other agencies for cases who were referred for legal assistance;
- Participate in case meetings for complex cases with a legal issue, if requested by the Protection Officer;
- Ensure the proper filing and archiving of individual legal files to maintain data confidentiality;
- Undertake home visits to clients in very specific cases, where the client’s mobility is reduced;
- Develop quality material for dissemination of legal information through outreach activities;
- Conduct legal awareness sessions in the area of operation according to identified needs;
- Design and facilitate trainings on legal issues to other staff members;
- Build the capacity of local actors and key community members on main legal protection issues, concerns and trends;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: PSEA, do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability and need-to-know principles;
- Update the legal and referral databases for each case;
- Contribute to the drafting of internal/external reports according to INTERSOS and donor requirements ensuring quality and timely submission;
- Participate in legal coordination meetings or workshops/trainings as requested by the Project Manager and Protection Officer.
- Provide legal representation for cases that need to possess necessary civil documentation/lawsuits;
- Deliver all required invoices that relate to legal fees to Legal Team Leader;
- Other duties as assigned by the Legal Team Leader and Legal Officer.
Education and professional experience:
- Bachelor degree in Law and member of Iraq or KRI Lawyers Syndicate;
- Hold a valid bar association ID B or C;
- Minimum three years of relevant professional experience as a lawyer;
- Previous working experience with IDPs, refugees and returnees;
- Excellent knowledge of the Iraqi legal system and legal procedures;
- Strong knowledge of international protection and human rights legal standards;
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Respect and a non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reporting skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic (written and spoken)
- Working knowledge of English (written and spoken)
For Application, PLEASE VISIT THIS GOOGLE FORM LINK (YOU WILL NEED A GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO ACCESS IT)
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format.
INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, the vacancy might be filled before the closing date.