The Interpreter is expected to provide clear and accurate spoken interpretations between Samaritan’s Purse (SP) Field staff, Program Coordinators and Managers, and non-English speaking persons including beneficiaries, local authorities, security forces, and others. The Interpreter will also provide short written translations from English to Arabic, Arabic to English of technical SP documents, Government letters/documents or general administrative matters. The Interpreter will also be expected to input program data as needed.
Like all Samaritan’s Purse staff, s/he will be expected to honor and model the values of Samaritan’s Purse, and perform all tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of SP with a generous and serving spirit.
Serve the community with creativity, kindness, and generosity. Oral Interpretation from Kurdish to English and vice versa. Written translation from Arabic to English and vice versa.
Participate in registration of beneficiaries in community programming. Communicate with beneficiary families in partnership with the programming team. Plan and participate in community assessment, coordination, listening, and collaboration activities.
Make timely and accurate requests for materials and space for activities, following closely all processes and procedures. Complete all reporting deliverables as directed. Attend and implement lessons learned from orientation and ongoing trainings.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-starter and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to the SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematic skills
Education / Experience Needed
Must be over 18 to apply. High school graduate preferred. Experience with NGOs highly preferred
English and Arabic are required; Kurdish preferred
Send your CV/Resume to the following email:
- The subject of the email should be Interpreter - Hamdaniya
- Please make sure to follow the subject so that your CV will be reviewed.
- CVs must be in English language