NRC IRAQ is committed to:
Equal employment opportunities
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Purpose of the role
The purpose of the Protection Information Management Project Officer position is to support the management of the information generated by the Protection case management and Protection monitoring. The position ensures effective quality control, analysis of the data, and provides advice and technical support to teams in the field and makes sure that resources are used effectively.
The following is a brief description of the role.
What you will do
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Implement delegated Protection project portfolio according to plan of action.
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
Specifically, you will;
Management of Protection information management systems
- Support the setting-up of a safe, user-friendly, and efficient Protection information management system that allows for information triangulation and trend analysis through documentation, implementation, and coordination of standardized information flows.
- Guarantee information flow, storage and archiving of data and ensures data analysis and visualization (e.g., Power BI).
- Ensure the protection of data according to NRC’s standard requirement.
- Provides quality control and oversight of the data that is being collected and identifies and addresses errors in collection or input.
- Provides training and support to NRC staff on data capture, analysis, and use.
- Liaises with other units on areas of common responsibility.
- Support Protection Case Management database, Protection monitoring tracking system and Protection referral tracking system
- Produces detailed, relevant and high-quality qualitative and quantitative reports and alerts as requested.
- Participate in documentation of the project for lessons learnt and provide inputs and feedback to Protection PDM.
- Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
What We Offer
We offer an opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause and a chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields.
Contract Duration: until 31 December, 2023 (our contract renewal cycle runs from January to December)
Duty Station: Erbil- Iraq with 30% travel to other area of operation (Mosul, Kirkuk, Hawija)
Health Insurance is provided
Salary: G5/S1, according to NRC’s Iraq salary scale and terms and conditions
We are also looking for people who share our values:
- To be dedicated in what we do;
- To be innovative with our solutions;
- To act as one unified and inclusive team;
- To be accountable to the donors that make our work possible; the people we exist to serve, and to each other… the members of our NRC family.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply, For more information please read the JD-Information Management Officer Protection - Erbil -Iraq.docx
Please click Here