ABOUT HUMAN APPEAL:
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal has been operating in Iraq since 2016. Human Appeal Iraq’s country office is in Erbil with sub-offices in Mosul and Aana. Human Appeal is working in a number of thematic sectors: primarily in protection; shelter and non-food items; food security and livelihoods. Human Appeal’s main donors include UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP and numerous other international institutional partners.
for more information about Human Appeal visit our website: https://humanappeal.org.uk/
The Information Management Officer is responsible for designing and implementing a country-specific Information Management strategy to analyse and disseminate information on the population of concern to the Country Office including, but not limited to, Protection, WASH, Education and other Programme information. Where information gaps exist, the Information Management Officer may help setting up primary data collection systems and organise needs assessments, which may also involve other stakeholders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft and manage the information management strategy - including the internal management of information within HA, document management, flows of information and discovery of data/information - and define operational and funding Requirements for the implementation of the strategy.
- Analyze regional data, identify and address information management gaps, and facilitate information sharing between other partners.
- Support the promotion of data and information sharing within the humanitarian community as well as the adoption of global data standards, and where appropriate, the establishment of country-specific common data standards.
- Provide quality assurance to ensure that data is reliable and complete by working closely with M&E officer and the programme coordinator.
- Assist MEAL Manager in updating activity Info reporting on behalf of HA.
- Assist MEAL Manager in providing timely reporting and feedback by analysis of collected information.
- Prepare regular and timely updates and reports for line manager, Programmes Manager, as needed.
- Development and update humanitarian fact sheet and statistics, , Design databases online and offline for the data archiving
- Train project team on data collection tool and reporting templates
- Any other duties assigned by the MEAL Manager.
- University degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Social Sciences or a related field with similar experience in humanitarian field.
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis methods.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience , 2 years in NGOs will be an asset
- Computer literate and competent with Microsoft office and other data management systems, as required.
- Excellent verbal & oral communication skills• Good verbal and written in English,Arabic and Kurdish
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure manage time and prioritise work to deadlines.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Well-developed organisational and planning skills.
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Able to work independently, with minimal supervision and well under pressure
Apply through the link below