In Clinic Health Educator - Diyala (Salahaddin)
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of In Clinic Health Educator - Diyala (Salahaddin).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The In Clinic Health Educator (CHW) will be responsible for conducting community outreach and campaign promotion activities. They will mobilize beneficiaries and ensure that individuals are registered and that activities are run on a daily basis.
- Responsible for planning the daily promotion activities linked to a mobile or static clinic.
- Register the participants and produce beneficiary lists for any NFI distribution.
- Ensure that in line with the doctor’s recommendation and needs of the beneficiaries an appropriate awareness raising package is delivered.
- Provide health hygiene training to beneficiaries.
- Provide linkages to the health clinic and other related services
- Set up support and other educational groups for the participants
- Plan the daily and weekly sessions in conjunction with needs of the beneficiaries.
- Liaise with community leaders, house hold heads to ensure that all members of the community have access to promotion spaces and hold weekly/monthly meetings with leaders to share what messaging is being promoted to the community and the visible trends.
- Mobilize the community in activities
- Organize community based activities
- Provide feedback from the community to the health team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- University certificate or equivalent job experience.
- Experience in training others in small groups and individual counselling.
- Fluency in Local languages.
- Basic knowledge of health, hygiene, nutrition and WASH
- Good relationships with the community members
- Ability to work with diverse beneficiaries based on gender, age, religion, and ethnicity without discriminating.
- From the local area
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity.
- Willingness to travel within the community and meet with different groups.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/health/in-clinic-health-educator-diyala-salahaddin/12424
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 30 April 2019.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.